SiteMap Lamb Of God - Wrath
  User
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 17, 2017, 06:55:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
  Search
  Stats
292543 Posts in 5678 Topics by 2173 Members
Latest Member: dpressure
  Upcoming Shows
 photo d942789e-e877-4fa5-868d-15048ef6f06d_zps16c3f71d.jpg
  News
If you're having trouble logging in, clear any cookies related to saskmetal and try again!
Pages: [1]      Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Lamb Of God - Wrath  (Read 4085 times)
When Everything Becomes Nothing
For Every
Saskmetal Member

« on: February 28, 2009, 09:03:31 PM »

Lamb Of God has released their new album called "Wrath" (if anyone still cares about this band huh). I for one still like them, although I would definitely have to say much less since their release of Sacrament.

I have only listened to it a couple times, but i was merely using it as background noise, so I wasn't really paying too much attention to it. From what I heard, it sounds better than Sacrament and it seems to have more of the southern metal sound than before. I don't love it, but I don't hate it either. Just "meh" to me at this point in time. undecided

i dont know what its called, i just know the sound it makes when it takes a mans life.

Gorax
Tithead
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2009, 09:48:02 PM »

I've listened to it about 5 times so far, and I'm not diggin it at all so far. I've always been a huge LoG fan, and I even liked Sacrament, but this album really isn't doing anything for me. The riffs lack the creativity that they once had, and they use the open-note chug riff far too often on the disc. I'm not a big fan of Randy Blythe's vocals on the disc, particularly on "In Your Words." It sounds like they got drunk and recorded a CD, and forgot to turn down the suck.

necrolobes
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2009, 09:59:55 PM »

lol
Findlay
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2009, 06:04:43 AM »

Haha. It is an improvement from Sacrament, I will give them that. However, after that album, I stopped listening to them as I was highly disappointed. Since then, I dont listen to them anymore. I gave the album a chance, and it didn't do it for me. It is definitely no Palaces, which they will never top. Thats the only LOG I listen to, which is VERY rare.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2009, 06:08:02 AM by Findlay » Logged
Metal_and_Kitties
Saskmetal Member

give me cheese

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2009, 08:04:12 AM »

This album is okay but too bluesy for my liking, but I'm sure there are others who will like it for that. I agree that they will never top Palaces.
TLO
Creepin it real since 1984
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2009, 10:35:34 PM »

I like the album so far..only spun it a few times though

and here I thought it was a Lord of the Rings quote.
Damian
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2009, 11:57:45 PM »

Let me be the third to say that LoG will probably never produce an album quite as solid as Palaces...

I've never really been a fan of Lamb of God, to be honest, though. I mean, they seem like really cool guys and they're all quite talented in their own right, but I find that, over time, their music is just starting to sound badly rehashed, especially when it comes to the guitar playing. I'm sure that comment, much like those that I left about Cannibal Corpse's newest outting, will likely have many of you shaking your head in disagreement at me. But, in my opinion, the strongest power in this band has always been Chris Adler.

That said, fuck yeah, As the Palaces Burn wasn't a bad effort at all, but from what I've heard of Wrath (which isn't a lot I should add), I can tell you that I won't be rushing out to pick this up any time soon.
Webfoot Witchhat
HEAVY METAL DRINKERS!
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2009, 12:37:56 AM »

As long as I have the song Subtle Arts of Murder and Persuasion, I really don't care too much of this band like I used to.

That said. I finally heard this album via my friend Brandon, and it really didn't do it for me either. As one already said, they open far too many songs with that chug-a-chug riff that I distinctly recall from other albums of their as well. Randy's whole "scream-singing" style, or whatever you'd like to call it just doesn't do it for me at all. I think he was much better suited at growling and the like.

There was one song on this album that wasn't total bad though. Mind you I don't know the names of the songs at all, but this one in particular started with an acoustic sounding intro (which I enjoyed), and eventually kicked into the heavier aspect of the song.

Chris Adler makes the album, I'd say. Where I didn't really enjoy anything else on it, his drumming is still ridiculous.

When Everything Becomes Nothing
For Every
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2009, 09:19:51 PM »

Chris Adler makes the album, I'd say. Where I didn't really enjoy anything else on it, his drumming is still ridiculous.
I have to agree with you there.

I guess I was hoping that they would come back with an album more like their old stuff. Unfortunately they are continuing on the same path as the previous album Sacrament, which to me, isn't the best approach to keep the old fans interested. The "new" singing technique doesn't do it for me either. It seems to almost kill it. I loved the old thrashy growling stuff way way better. If they ever went back to their roots, even pre-Sacrament, I'd first of all be very surprised, but I would probably get back into them. Though until something like that happens, I will most likely listen to something else before any current material of theirs. Sad it has come to that, but there it is.  undecided

i dont know what its called, i just know the sound it makes when it takes a mans life.

Franklin
Lusting to be bathed in the blood of the goat
Saskmetal Member

The Afterbirth of An Oriental Grunge fuck??

« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2009, 12:39:02 PM »

I think it is better than sacrament. It's not amazing but it's ok. The singing definitly isn't a good thing for LOG. New American Gospel and Palaces were gold. But they won't be doing anything like that again. Anyways I think Wrath is ok, it isn't a disappointment for me anyway. I'd probably give it 5 out of 10

bubba
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2009, 01:12:38 PM »

i just got it yesterday and so far it hasn't been too bad,  i agree it's better than sacrament but not as good as their first 2 discs. however i think the song grace kicks ass the riffs in there sound amazing and its got a pretty sweet solo, not to mention adler does some pretty sick drumming on that track too
Pages: [1]      Go Up
Print
Saskmetal.com  |  Music  |  Reviews (Moderators: IAmGray, Mr. Metalguy, saskmetalmod, swamples)  |  Topic: Lamb Of God - Wrath
Jump to: