SiteMap Travis Barker, jet crashed
  User
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 23, 2017, 09:58:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
  Search
  Stats
292543 Posts in 5678 Topics by 2173 Members
Latest Member: dpressure
  Upcoming Shows
 photo d942789e-e877-4fa5-868d-15048ef6f06d_zps16c3f71d.jpg
  News
If you're having trouble logging in, clear any cookies related to saskmetal and try again!
Pages: [1]      Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Travis Barker, jet crashed  (Read 6379 times)
necrolobes
« on: September 21, 2008, 12:12:54 AM »

Former Blink-182 drummer Travis Barker, is in a critical condition after a private jet crashed, killing four.

Nicole Richie's ex-fiancé, celebrity disc jockey Adam 'DJ AM' Goldstein, was also critically injured. The two are in a stable condition in hospital with extensive burns.

Their Learjet crashed shortly after take-off just before midnight on Friday in South Carolina.
August 29, 2006, Las Vegas, Paris Hilton Travis Barker Pure

Critical condition: Travis Barker, pictured with ex-girlfriend Paris Hilton two years ago, is in a burns unit in Georgia following Friday night's crash

Barker has been burned from the waist down, but he is expected to survive. DJ AM's face was severely burned and is being treated.

Barker's former mother-in-law, Gail Moakler, told the American magazine People that his ex-wife Shanna, with whom he has two young children, had rushed to be with him.

The wreckage of a Learjet that was carrying former Blink 182 drummer Travis Barker, Adam Goldstein, also known as DJ AM, and four others rests on an embankment along Highway 302, along the outskirts of the Columbia Metropolitan Airport

Horror crash: The wreckage of the Learjet on the embankment alongside Highway 302 in South Carolina

Mrs Moakler said: 'Our heart pours out. We're hoping he recovers. The family is rallying around him and saying our prayers.'

DJ AM's brother-in-law Benjamin Long said: 'We're in shock. Nobody expects something like this. We're waiting to hear more.'

Those killed were pilot Sarah Lemmon, 31, from California, co-pilot James Bland, 52, also from California, security guard Charles Still, 25, of Los Angeles. and Barker's assistant Chris Baker, 26, also of Los Angeles.

Father: Barker with his son Landon, four, and daughter Alabama, two, who have not been told of the crash

Happier times: Barker with his son Landon, four, and daughter Alabama, two, who have not been told of the crash

Eyewitness William Owens told local TV channel WIS-TV he was driving down Highway 302 when he said he saw a fireball go across the road.

'I didn't know what I had seen - it was maybe 800ft in front of me, but as I approached it closer though, I made out a fire. By then I was able to see the tail of the jet and I recognised it as a jet.

'It's in flames and the fuel is running across the road and I had to cross the fuel to get to the two guys that seemed to have been dumped on the highway.

'We turned to the jet to try and see if there was anything we could do, but immediately, there was nothing anyone could do.'

Nicole Richie and boyfriend DJ AM present the award for Television Episodic Comedy at the 15th annual Environmental Media Awards in Los Angeles October 19, 2005.

Shock: Nicole Richie's ex-fiance Adam 'DJ AM' Goldstein is fighting for his life

Beth Frits, spokesperson for the Joseph M Still Burn Center in Augusta, Georgia, said: 'Both Travis Barker and Adam Goldstein are in critical but stable condition.

'Goldstein was airlifted here and Barker was brought by ground transportation. So they arrived separately. They have extensive burns.'

An FAA spokesperson said air traffic control saw sparks coming off the plane as it drove along the runway.

The plane went off the runway and crashed onto a nearby road.

The wreckage: Of the six onboard, only two survived

Airport director Mike Flack said the jet reportedly hit the fence during take-off, pieces of the plane broke off and the fuselage caught fire.

According to Lynne Douglas, a spokeswoman for the Columbia Metropolitan Airport, both Barker and Goldstein got out of the plane themselves before emergency services arrived.

The plane was bound for Van Nuys, California after Barker and Goldstein had played at a free T mobile concert in Columbia, South Carolina earlier that night with former Jane's Addiction singer Perry Farrell and musician Gavin DeGraw.

Representatives for DeGraw and Farrell said their clients were not onboard the plane.

After leaving Blink-182, Barker formed another band +44 and starred alongside his ex-wife Shanna in a MTV reality show Meet The Barkers.

The couple, who divorced last year, are the parents of son Landon, 4, and daughter Alabama, 2.

Seriously injured: Adam 'DJ AM' Goldstein (L) and Barker (R), pictured at the MTV Awards two weeks ago, were the only survivors of the plane crash

The youngsters have yet to be told about the incident. 'We're waiting a bit to see what God brings,' said their grandmother, Mrs Moakler.

She added: 'Shanna spoke to Travis last night. He was defiant after the accident and didn't want to be lifted in a helicopter, but rather an ambulance, so they had to knock him out.'

Goldstein dated Lionel Richie's daughter for several years and proposed to her on her birthday in 2004.

The couple called off their engagement in 2007 and Richie has since had a baby with Good Charlotte rocker Joel Madden.ed
HxT
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2008, 02:56:00 AM »

necrolobes
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2008, 08:33:22 AM »

win!
grim and nordic
Saskmetal Member

the afterlife means we reign as ghosts

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2008, 10:30:09 AM »

i thought travis barker retired from the price is right
Agent Orange
Tiocfaidh ár lá
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2008, 11:09:23 AM »

necrolobes
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2008, 08:49:48 PM »

The Corruptor
Looking in windows since 1986.
Saskmetal Member

I got a potty mouth

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2008, 11:01:55 PM »

insensitive bastards, alls i can think of is the horrific amount of pain the both of them are going through, real shitty deal.

I wear the black for the poor and the beaten down,
Livin' in the hopeless, hungry side of town,
I wear it for the prisoner who has long paid for his crime,
But is there because he's a victim of the times.
- Johnny Cash
"I don't care if you're black, white, straight, bisexual, gay, lesbian, tall, short, rich or poor. If you're nice to me, I'll be nice to you. It's as simple as that"
All suffering comes from a person's inability to sit still and be alone. - Anthony de Mello
Twit - The Corruptor
Sten
Saskmetal Member

I taught the killing game first

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2008, 11:04:38 PM »

how is it the celebrities live and everyone else dies?

Agent Orange
Tiocfaidh ár lá
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2008, 03:12:05 AM »

insensitive bastards

+

=

Maelkleth
Saskmetal Member

Doom

« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2008, 01:41:55 PM »

...cackjoke...?

...Nothing, Becomes, Of Us...
necrolobes
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2008, 01:55:40 PM »

INNAPROPRIATE!
Daltron
Saskmetal Member

Stating the obvious, since 1988.

« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2008, 04:25:19 PM »

whoa.  +1 for digglez

This fake punk movement is bullshit, but theres money to be maaaade, so lets milk it!
FirePixie
The Queen Of The Parasites
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2008, 10:11:34 AM »

how is it the celebrities live and everyone else dies?

That's what I thought
DrMentalz
Saskmetal Member

me rikey rikey

« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2008, 01:19:28 PM »

travis barker got it good too but dj am got his head torched woo!

LucidFairytale
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2009, 04:19:10 PM »

Epic Lulz.
Agent Orange
Tiocfaidh ár lá
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2009, 04:56:04 PM »

i forgot about this thread... fuck am i ever awesome

MalevolentGoat
Saskmetal Member

..and winter becomes

« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2009, 04:57:30 PM »

damn your thread ressurection!

Had me thinking he crashed again and actually died this time around. fuck.

Fire burns in our name, sons of darkness, brotherhood of Satan
As lone wolves in the forest we shall walk together in shadows
Left hand path to Hell guide us far where wisdom lays
We seek truth and knowledge, grant us this and we shall honor!

HAIL THE CULT
Pages: [1]      Go Up
Print
Saskmetal.com  |  Music  |  UnMetal Chat (Moderators: Mr. Metalguy, saskmetalmod, swamples)  |  Topic: Travis Barker, jet crashed
Jump to: