SiteMap Saskatoon Music Stores for Metal folks
  User
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 15, 2017, 07:38:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
  Search
  Stats
292557 Posts in 5679 Topics by 2173 Members
Latest Member: dpressure
  News
If you're having trouble logging in, clear any cookies related to saskmetal and try again!
Pages: [1]      Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Saskatoon Music Stores for Metal folks  (Read 3908 times)
dcloud
Saskmetal Member

« on: March 19, 2012, 12:11:56 AM »

So, I for one was bummed out to see Mother's Music go. Long and McQuade is great and all, but Mother's had some great gear (especially metal gear) that I can't find in town anymore.

Mother's had huge selections on ESP/LTD, Jackson, Schecter, Ibanez, and even some DBZ guitars. Peavy Amps, Roland cubes...the list goes on and that's only for the guitar side. I am sure there are other equipment brands or models that L&M doesn't carry.

So, I was wondering where all the metalheads are getting thier gear lately in town?.......if any. What are some reputable canadian online stores?

Guns don't kill people. Jack Bauer kills people.
Mike Mueller
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2012, 05:21:23 PM »

There's Village Guitars (on 20th I think, don't know Stoon that well since I'm in Regina). They're primarily a boutique shop, but I know they've brought in ESP/LTD now, maybe some others.

I generally buy my gear used anyways, mostly private sales from the States. Schlong & Mcgay carry Ibanez and Jackson for sure, probably can bring in some of the others. Just Google shit, online shops like Musician's Friend, etc. generally ship to Canada now.
Jordan
Shredder of Gnar.
Saskmetal Member

Katy Perry has awesome boobs.

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2012, 07:01:55 PM »

There's Village Guitars (on 20th I think, don't know Stoon that well since I'm in Regina). They're primarily a boutique shop, but I know they've brought in ESP/LTD now, maybe some others.

I generally buy my gear used anyways, mostly private sales from the States. Schlong & Mcgay carry Ibanez and Jackson for sure, probably can bring in some of the others. Just Google shit, online shops like Musician's Friend, etc. generally ship to Canada now.
quoted for truth ams/ musicians friend is gold.

In L.A., nobody touches you. We're always behind this metal and glass. I think we miss that touch so much, that we crash into each other, just so we can feel something.

that's like getting a hologram of hitler to host your bar mitzvah
G-off
Revenge is a Vulture deceivers flesh ripped off his wretched bones
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2012, 02:16:59 AM »

So, I for one was bummed out to see Mother's Music go. Long and McQuade is great and all, but Mother's had some great gear (especially metal gear) that I can't find in town anymore.

Mother's had huge selections on ESP/LTD, Jackson, Schecter, Ibanez, and even some DBZ guitars. Peavy Amps, Roland cubes...the list goes on and that's only for the guitar side. I am sure there are other equipment brands or models that L&M doesn't carry.

So, I was wondering where all the metalheads are getting thier gear lately in town?.......if any. What are some reputable canadian online stores?

This... I was pissed when I found out Mother's got bought out. That's where I've bought pretty much everything I have. I don't even think I've walked into another shop in town since they closed. I'm not really sure what there is anymore...

Master0vDisharmony
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2012, 10:04:11 AM »

Is Hel still open there?

I bought my first good guitar from there over 10 years ago. A dillion PRS copy that pProph now owns.

That there is nothing in between
G-off
Revenge is a Vulture deceivers flesh ripped off his wretched bones
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2012, 07:46:31 PM »

Nah, H.E.L. closed down years ago. Right around the time I bought my first guitar.

dcloud
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2012, 12:31:10 AM »

Thanks for the heads up on Village Guitars. They sound like a neat little shop. I will have to check them out.

I loathe buying stuff online. I'm getting better about it. But, dropping some serious cash online for an amp or guitar that I can't try out, shipping from the US, potentially having the Fedex guy play kickball with it....makes me uneasy.

Guns don't kill people. Jack Bauer kills people.
horde
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2012, 12:32:10 AM »

the Long & McQuade in Saskatoon that used to be Mothers Music can still get ESP, they only have a few but can order whatever you want

RoTT 'n  RoLL baby
Pages: [1]      Go Up
Print
Saskmetal.com  |  Music  |  Musicians Corner (Moderators: Mr. Metalguy, saskmetalmod)  |  Topic: Saskatoon Music Stores for Metal folks
Jump to: