SiteMap SOFTBOX
  User
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 19, 2018, 04:19:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length
  Search
  Stats
292626 Posts in 5690 Topics by 2173 Members
Latest Member: dpressure
  News
If you're having trouble logging in, clear any cookies related to saskmetal and try again!
Pages: [1] 2      Go Down
Print
Author Topic: SOFTBOX  (Read 14726 times)
Todd
Saskmetal Member

« on: March 25, 2008, 07:58:20 PM »

Jamie  Lariviere - Bass
Todd Backstrom - Drums/Death Vox
Kurt Johns - Guitar/Vox

Well I'm not really sure what kind of music we play Metal not metal "HARLEY says Hard Rock" but I dont think were a Van Halen style of band? But never the less we are a Progressive Metal band Hailing from Prince Albert Saskatchewan we currently have out our first Debut release titled "FALLIN" and it been out since the end of Jan 08. We are still awaiting to play our first show or maybe a CD release party.
   If your interested in hearing us you can pick up our cd at RADZ, Tramps, CD Plus and Adcom in Prince Albert. You can also pick up a CD from the website www.softboxmetal.co m but you will need to have Internet Explorer 7 installed for the web site to work properly. If  not you can reach me @ loveshovel@softboxmetal.com.  We hope to see everyone real soon @ a show in the future.

Thanks hope to hear from you.
Todd

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: April 07, 2008, 07:13:19 PM by Todd » Logged
Chester
Former Addict
Saskmetal Member

Decapitation-The #1 cure for acne....

« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2008, 08:22:28 PM »

It says you are metalcore on your site in case you need to know Smiley
Have you got links to songs online ?

"If you think you're too small to have an impact,
try going to bed with a mosquito in the room."
~ Annita Koddick ~
Todd
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2008, 10:09:30 PM »

LOL I'm not even sure if I know what a metal core band is or if we fall into that eather? LOL I just say were Metal. If you want to check out the one song we have posted its on line at http://anarchymedia.net/ just search the artists section for us. We have the sonf " FACTORY " posted there and it had a longer intro so let it play and play it LOUD!!!

Thanks  For checking us out.
Chester
Former Addict
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2008, 10:36:20 PM »

I'd have to put you in the 'hard rock' category, which is not a bad thing at all in my opinion. Kind of reminded me of Breach of Trust but I may just be subconsciously saying that because of your locale. I'm not going to lie and say I was amazed, but there was some cool shit going on in places in that song.

~ Annita Koddick ~
Chester
Former Addict
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2008, 10:37:59 PM »

oh and if that was recorded on a 4 track cassette dealie, 2 thumbs up for that. Wasn't quite clear from your bio

~ Annita Koddick ~
Todd
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2008, 10:38:57 PM »

hey man thanks for the coments glad to see that you found something you liked. But that song was one of the more mellower songs but if were hard rock then were hard rock. But thanks
Todd
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2008, 10:40:34 PM »

No it was recored on a Computer home studio and i had some one Mix and master it. Some of the earlyer recording of the song were done 10 years ago or more and they are on a 4 track recorder.
Chester
Former Addict
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2008, 10:50:02 PM »

cool, good luck with this...

~ Annita Koddick ~
necrolobes
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2008, 10:57:02 AM »

i had some one Mix and master it.

*cough..bender...cough*

welcome to saskmetal todd.
Sten
Saskmetal Member

I taught the killing game first

« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2008, 11:00:24 AM »

i'd also call it hard rock.

Todd
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2008, 06:03:14 PM »

well looks like everyone here is friends with Harley LOL. So.........ok  we are Prince Albert Permere HARD ROCK BAND. LOL it don't matter. And yes Justin Bender mixed and mastered our CD and did a hell of a job with a 2 year mess he was given.
 Thanks for checking it out for us.
necrolobes
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2008, 06:08:56 PM »

hey man they came on that by listening for themselves . I had no influence whatsoever...hard rock or not i still like your stuff
Todd
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2008, 07:34:49 PM »

Wel thanks but I still think you rigged LMAO you kind of a sly, slippery fucker!! LOl. Thanks for evryone taking a listen it . Can't wait to make some new friends.
FXD
FUCK YOU!
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2008, 08:05:15 PM »

loveshovel? Does that mean you like Shovelheads?

SHAMELESS PLUG! www.prairieironbutt .com

"Rise and see, it's the dawn of insanity"
Todd
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2008, 09:21:32 AM »

Nice!!! thanks for the link!!
Todd
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2008, 10:58:52 PM »

I have uploaded another song off the "FAllEN" Cd "ZERO HOUR" you can check it out here as well. http://anarchymedia.net/members/35/
 We are also hoping to play as a opening act some place soon? But the gears are turning just not as fast as i would like some days.
Thanks For checking us out.!
Brent
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2008, 11:04:35 PM »

Fuckin sweet, someone actually using anarchy media!

Oh, and sounds good guys.  smiley
Todd
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2008, 11:09:04 AM »

Thank you! and yes we have been using Anarchy Media for a while now. I hope that other bands catch on soon as its a good place to get your music heard.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2008, 06:10:56 PM by Todd » Logged
Todd
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2008, 09:35:26 AM »

Well it looks like we will finaly be playing a gig in Prince Albert Aug 22nd under the TBA section at the bottom. CAn't wait now the really work begins. Hope to see you all out for a great show and support the local metal shows!
necrolobes
« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2008, 11:00:43 AM »

sweet baby jesus its gonna be fun todd
Todd
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2008, 11:09:41 PM »

Woot one of many I hope? Heres the bill:

Brutality Productions presents:

Aug 22nd at the PA exhibition grounds (under the grandstands)

Dead Jesus
Necrobiosis
Nachtterror, releasing their CD
Symbiote
Softbox

8 Bux at the door, doors at 7pm.

Fuck dood were going to sound like John meloncamp compaired to the rest of these meatl FREAKs!!! Oh well it's going to rock foooo shu!
necrolobes
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2008, 01:09:05 AM »

could you play some cougar for me cause id love that shit
Todd
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2008, 04:47:56 PM »

Just wanted to thank Darius and Harley down at Radz for having us come out and open last nights metal show. We had a great time and I wish all the other band good luck and Stay Metal. Thanks to evryone that came out a bought T-shirts and CD's from us that really rocked!!!! Hopfuly we can come play again at another show.

Thanks
Todd
Machine
Saskmetal Member

Fuck you Joe!

« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2008, 01:03:38 PM »

Yeah thanks guys! Unfortunatley I had to go play somewhere else @ 10 so I could only watch Blasphemy Reborn's set. Awesome! I will be out for the Hole's show though!!! Now not to beat a dead horse to death, but ... I know compared to alot of the bands at the last show we were very lightweight, but I don't think this makes us hard rock, and here's why. When I think of hard rock I think of Bon Jovi, Motley Crue ect. and I REALLY don't want to be lumped in with that. For one I like to think our songs have a bit more depth than " Girlz girlz girlz ...". But ultimatley I wonder what quality we have (or lack) that makes us non-metal. Is is the fact that I sing? There are a huge number of bands who fit that catagory from classic - Iron Maiden and Judas Priest to recent - Trivium or System of a Down. Or is it that there is almost nothing for guitar solos? The original Metalcore bands from the early 80's were exactly like that (D.R.I.  and S.O.D. ect) (one of the reasons I put that on the site, but more as a joke)which was the fusing of hardcore punk and metal. Apparently new metalcore is something else (I really can't figure out what). I understand that we are not like many of the bands on this site, but still are in the genre of the outcast (maybe we're the 2%ers). So there I've said my piece, I will let it go. Long live ROCKCORE ! 

Machine
Saskmetal Member

Fuck you Joe!

« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2008, 01:05:53 PM »

Oh by the way we have a date for the CD release party! Sept 25 @ ROCKcees, I'm thinking around 9pmish or so

necrolobes
« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2008, 01:28:36 PM »

i dont think that you guys are in the same lump as crue and the rest , they are more "hair metal or glam rock" the lack of solos mean nothing as does the clean singing , opeth has tons of clean singing but they are heavy as fuck , i think there is something inherant in the music that makes it fall into one genre or another and by todays standards i would bill you guys as hard rock even heavy rock ...light metal maybe? not to come off like im trying to bash you or anything cause i really enjoy your music but it just dosnt fall into the "metal" catagory for me.
Machine
Saskmetal Member

Fuck you Joe!

« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2008, 02:56:29 PM »

Hmmm I guess I was just wondering what it was we did or did not do, but I think I understand in a way. The same way many people say the Eagles are a country-rock band and an equal number of people would say they are not country at all. Never taken as a bash, it is simply a point of view, although you are pretty much the authority for PA metal.  Thanks for the support.

I'm really pissed off though, I just found out I have to miss the Hole show, I will be in Thompson MB. SHIT !!!!!!!!!!

necrolobes
« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2008, 03:54:52 PM »

if it was a matter of adding something to your sound to make it more metal , i think that a good dose of heavy distortion would go along way , the amp you were using sounded too middle fo the road . good for rock but bad for metal . get todd to up the double kicks and that would be a great start
Machine
Saskmetal Member

Fuck you Joe!

« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2008, 10:02:56 AM »

About the distortion: I might be a bit too set in my ways, but what I was using for an amp at the show wasn't very good (Dave didn't help matters, but I have years of listening to his inaudible monitors and feedback solos). As far as the double kick Todd is working on it, we have a couple of new songs that sort of feature that. No crazy Chris Adler stuff but still more than now. We are working on new tunez already, and I hope to have something a little heavier. Having said that, Todd and I are products of our time when bands like Annihilator, Testament, and the big sukky M were HEAVY!!

necrolobes
« Reply #29 on: August 31, 2008, 04:49:00 PM »

hey man , thrash is making a comeback so bring it on. and yea gulka is a shitty sound guy.
Machine
Saskmetal Member

Fuck you Joe!

« Reply #30 on: September 03, 2008, 09:18:25 AM »

Just to let you know, we are having (finally) our CD release party! It will be Sept 25 @ ROCKcees 9pm ish

[attachment deleted by admin]

Todd
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #31 on: September 26, 2008, 04:58:07 PM »

Well it was a long time comming but we pulled it together and had a great time at the CD release party. Just want to take time to thank everyone that came out to show there support, bought CD's - t-shirts and stuck stickers on everything. I also want to take this time to thanks Denis and the staff at Rockcee's night club for take care of us and letting us play our type of music to you folks. We should have some Videos up shortly of the big show. For those people that didn't get a chance to buy a CD, t-shirt stickers what have you never fear you can get them of the Softbox website www.softboxmetal.co m using paypal or just find one of us we will be happy to get you whatever your SOfbox heart wants. So until the next show thanks to everyone stay metal!!!
Todd
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #32 on: December 14, 2008, 09:42:07 AM »

Softbox is still around we have been recording some new songs for a new cd in the future. But we do have one song that is on our Cd single that Kurt has made a video for. Mostly just clips, and some of the studio recording clips from the day it was recorded. The song is call "MY Right" hope you enjoy it and let us know if ya like it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezSGr6WVNno
evil wheels
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #33 on: December 16, 2008, 08:27:19 AM »

right arm i glad to see u on here \m/ keep on rockin u guys, playin any shows soon?
Todd
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #34 on: December 28, 2008, 08:21:55 PM »

thanks for watching the vid and commenting.......as for shows there is nothing set in stone but we are working a getting a show put together with the neverwas. if it happens it should be a good time.
Pages: [1] 2      Go Up
Print
Saskmetal.com  |  Music  |  Saskatchewan Metal Bands (Moderators: Mr. Metalguy, saskmetalmod, swamples)  |  Topic: SOFTBOX
Jump to: