SiteMap Immortal Souls - Winterreich
  User
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 22, 2017, 05:11:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
  Search
  Stats
292543 Posts in 5678 Topics by 2173 Members
Latest Member: dpressure
  Upcoming Shows
 photo d942789e-e877-4fa5-868d-15048ef6f06d_zps16c3f71d.jpg
  News
If you're having trouble logging in, clear any cookies related to saskmetal and try again!
Pages: [1]      Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Immortal Souls - Winterreich  (Read 5583 times)
jdwheels
Saskmetal Member

« on: March 21, 2008, 11:37:32 PM »

Hailing from the so swept lad of Finland, this melodic death metal band has done a hell of a CD... and put fear back into Metal.

Mixing in your face, totally melodic Death metal riffs with lyrics about the usually untalked about darker side of Christianity, Immortal Souls have made the dark lord himself pretty happy with the band.

With lyrics like in the song Fearreaper r: ' Layers of man, layers of Judas, layers of Jesus... Oh, fear is all I reap' they paint the picture of how fear is a constant element in Christianity.  Its simply brilliant.  The circling and always haunting guitar work of E.Sarkioja which match the growling and spiting vocals of the lead singer,A. Sarkioja... helps paints the dark image of bleakness that most churches would implode if they heard them.

I would have to say that this album is one for anybody who wants to get scared, and to have a second opinion of modern religion.

Rating: 91 out of 100
The Prairie Prophet
I'm not a fan of all of it, but a lot of it
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2008, 11:16:02 AM »

I cleaned up this thread, good to see this area getting reviews in.  Lord knows I haven't had time to get in here for awhile.  I'll be checking out this band (you had me at "Finland....melodic death metal") and look forward to more reviews.  I saw you mention in another thread that you write reviews for some mags or something, who do you write for?

And welcome to saskmetal.  Don't mind harley, he's heavy on dispensing the fail.

When god gives you lemons you FIND A NEW GOD!!!
jdwheels
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2008, 12:34:33 PM »

I write for many... all freelancing stuff.  I have done for MEDALLION, Metal News United( They are now not in business) and a few over in Germany and the states... and I am waiting to see if BWBK are going to run a few as well.

Right now I am concentrating on writing an article about the Saskatoon scene, and hope that someone will pick it up and getting a new band going as well... serious people Ar hard to find.

Thanks for all your help... I think I have found my internet home for metal( Finally)

Thrash 'Till Death

JD
The Prairie Prophet
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2008, 01:41:37 PM »

If you do reviews you should check out metal-observer.com, I know they look for reviewers from time to time.  It's also a great site to find a pissload of reviews and search some new bands.

necrolobes
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2008, 04:01:20 PM »

Right now I am concentrating on writing an article about the Saskatoon scene, and hope that someone will pick it up

good luck with that one man....weak scene is weak sauce
Metal_and_Kitties
Saskmetal Member

give me cheese

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2008, 08:03:43 PM »

i agree, might as well just focus on regina. Your time will be spent much better.
The Prairie Prophet
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2008, 09:43:17 PM »

if you're talking metal that is.

necrolobes
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2008, 11:16:43 AM »

or PA ...im sure most of the ppl on here would be glad to help or answer questions for ya
Metal_and_Kitties
Saskmetal Member

give me cheese

« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2008, 12:36:52 AM »

or do Davidson.......... we rule!
Devon Hill
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2008, 01:47:16 PM »

Mixing in your face, totally melodic Death metal riffs with lyrics about the usually untalked about darker side of Christianity, Immortal Souls have made the dark lord himself pretty happy with the band.

I'm not sure if I have missed something about what you mean by this, but do you know that Immortal Souls is a Christian band?  So I hope that Satan would not be happy about what the band is doing.

They do talk about fear and the struggles that you can have as a Christian (which is perfectly good and fine to do because we all go through emotions like this and it's good to talk about them and not keep them bottled in), but they also talk about how to deal with these fears.

i.e. from the song Idlestate some lyrics are:

"I submit myself for thee.
I resist so it would flee.
My idlestate.
Though I walk the valley of the shadow of death, I will have no fear in me.
For thou art with me thy rod and thy staff, they bring comfort to my soul."

These are from the Bible about how to submit ourselves to God in times of fear etc. (i.e. James 4:7 and Psalm 23:4)

I think Immortal Souls is a very good band.  I don't have their new CD yet, but I want to buy it soon because from what I've heard of the songs posted on their myspace page (http://www.myspace.com/immortalsouls), the CD is really good.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2008, 01:52:29 PM by Devon Hill » Logged
Pages: [1]      Go Up
Print
Saskmetal.com  |  Music  |  Reviews (Moderators: IAmGray, Mr. Metalguy, saskmetalmod, swamples)  |  Topic: Immortal Souls - Winterreich
Jump to: