SiteMap Giant, The
  User
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 18, 2017, 02:26:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length
  Search
  Stats
292543 Posts in 5678 Topics by 2173 Members
Latest Member: dpressure
  Upcoming Shows
 photo d942789e-e877-4fa5-868d-15048ef6f06d_zps16c3f71d.jpg
  News
If you're having trouble logging in, clear any cookies related to saskmetal and try again!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]      Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Giant, The  (Read 52760 times)
GnomeBeard
You can find work and sort your life out anytime. The pub closes in five hours.
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #210 on: February 21, 2011, 05:42:48 PM »

You can now also visit "Giant, The" on Band Camp.

http://giantthe.bandcamp.com/

www.myspace.com/giantthe

There has been some progress since my last update.  I have taken down the incomplete mixes of all the songs.  "She Was Surrounded By Sundry Flowers & Omniscient Light" and "The Songhua River Giant" are fully completed and are now available for listen on the Band Camp page and the Myspace.

I plan to have the bass and final mix completed on Kyniker and In Autumn Metamorphose hopefully in the next couple of weeks.

Cheers folks!
« Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 05:51:46 PM by Hręsvelgr » Logged

Saskatchewan Beard & Moustache Club

https://www.facebook.com/saskbeardclub
GnomeBeard
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #211 on: March 27, 2011, 02:17:53 PM »

Album Artwork session today!  I am going to be very pleased with the images that will accompany this music.  Things are coming along nicely.

GnomeBeard
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #212 on: March 27, 2011, 07:11:15 PM »

huzzah!  Booklet artwork for the album is complete!  Just need to do up what will be on the traycard and the actual disc.

Slowly but surely this album is gettin there.  I look forward to sharing it!

GnomeBeard
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #213 on: April 13, 2011, 10:52:01 PM »

*THE SUMMER OF SPUD*

Just want to say that I think it is about time that this Giant, The album gets released...  planning for sometime between July and September.  It's been a long time coming, two years I'd say.  One thing that many might not know is this album "In Autumn Metamorphose" has some very personal meaning to me.  And I am so glad that I'll be able to share the music with everyone who has been waiting so patiently...

Also expect An Army Of Marmots album "When Big Grey Animals Sleep, What Do They Dream?" to be released around the same time.

Likely no more details until after my trip in May.

Cheers everyone!

hypnoticdirgerecords
Saskmetal Member

-

« Reply #214 on: April 13, 2011, 11:37:06 PM »

That's fantastic! Definitely count me down for a copy!

And I'd certaintly be up for helping you distribute it on my distro as well. No cash needed on this end sir. Whatever I make goes back to you.

"Our posturings, our imagined self-importance, the delusion that we have some privileged position in the Universe, are challenged by this point of pale light. Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves."
-Carl Sagan
GnomeBeard
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #215 on: April 15, 2011, 06:21:48 AM »

Glad you're excited Nick!  Also any help you provide me as far as getting the album out to more people would be ever so appreciated.  I'll discuss that further with you once I actually have the finished product in hand. 

Ideally I would like to get both albums complete and ready for sale by the end of July, I'll be getting laid off from work around then so having the cd's done and paid for will be rather convenient.

GnomeBeard
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #216 on: June 22, 2011, 11:07:27 PM »

**ALBUM UPDATE**

All of the music and artwork for the debut album "In Autumn Metamorphose" is finally COMPLETE!!!  Only finances stand in the way of this highly anticipated release.  Due to several other solo projects taking up a lot of my time this album has literally been 2 years in the making.  I hope that I can pull together the cash to have this released in mid to late summer with a quantity of 500.  The final track listing and track lengths are below.

Again i just want to thank everyone for your continued patience with my musical efforts these past few years.  I feel that I've only carved a very small portion of a massive mountain with these current efforts.  I have really big plans for the future and I can't wait to get started.  But one step at a time.  Thanks again everyone!

"In Autumn Metamorphose" - (2011) release date TBA

1. Haust - (1:29)
2. She Was Surrounded By Sundry Flowers & Omniscient Light - (8:02) listen online
3. The Songhua River Giant - (21:18) listen online
4. Langt Borte - (6:14)
5. Kyniker - (9:56)
6. In Autumn Metamorphose - (9:20)

Total Length - (56:22)

giantthe.bandcamp.c om - the new home of Giant, The!

myspace.com/giantthe - despite the epic fail known as myspace, I still have an account...  for now...

hypnoticdirgerecords
Saskmetal Member

-

« Reply #217 on: June 24, 2011, 09:02:06 PM »

YES! Cool stuff man. I'm looking forward to this!!
I'll definitely be down to get a copy for myself, and I'd be honored to distribute some copies too if you wanted.

"Our posturings, our imagined self-importance, the delusion that we have some privileged position in the Universe, are challenged by this point of pale light. Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves."
-Carl Sagan
hypnoticdirgerecords
Saskmetal Member

-

« Reply #218 on: June 25, 2011, 04:50:21 PM »

Looking back on my last couple posts on this thread, I realize I repeat myself a lot. hahaha.

-Carl Sagan
GnomeBeard
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #219 on: July 21, 2011, 06:19:02 PM »

Due to all of the great patience and support that you all have shown me since this projects inception in early 2009, I am happy to have the entire full length album "In Autumn Metamorphose" available for free listen on the BandCamp page from now until the release.

giantthe.bandcamp.c om

And no surprise, there is still no release date set.  Hopefully things will be looking up very soon.  I'm anxious to share this long effort with all of you!

Thanks everyone, hope you enjoy the listen.

Spud

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]      Go Up
Print
Saskmetal.com  |  Music  |  Saskatchewan Metal Bands (Moderators: Mr. Metalguy, saskmetalmod, swamples)  |  Topic: Giant, The
Jump to: