SiteMap Vital Remains- Icons Of Evil
  User
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 19, 2017, 03:45:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
  Search
  Stats
292543 Posts in 5678 Topics by 2173 Members
Latest Member: dpressure
  Upcoming Shows
 photo d942789e-e877-4fa5-868d-15048ef6f06d_zps16c3f71d.jpg
  News
If you're having trouble logging in, clear any cookies related to saskmetal and try again!
Pages: [1]      Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Vital Remains- Icons Of Evil  (Read 4528 times)
a cold blooded epitaph
master of all baiters
Saskmetal Member

« on: December 30, 2007, 10:28:36 AM »

well, I finally got my hands on a copy of this.  almost ashamed that it took so long, seeing how Dechristanize was fucking amazing.
anyway.  once again the album starts off with another classical, and very well orchestrated, with movie samples, I believe that they are from Passion of the christ, I haven't checked if I'm right, but it would make sence.
the album really kicks it into high gear from then on.  blistering fast blast beats, intense rolls and fills that make me question my manliness.  The guitars are great, they are recoded so well, not to high not to low, the riffs are awesome, driving and pumeling.
The solos are fantastic,shreding up and down the fretboard, beautifully arranged arpeggios are swept in harmony with one another. 
This is a great album for any metal fan.  except if your all godded out.  I don't nessecarily care about their "message" I just love the music.  you could re-write the lyrics to be about the pepsi challenge, or about watching american gladiators and I wouldn't really notice/care. 
if you dowload torrents you can find this album at rockbox

Lesbian-Nazi-Hookers, abducted by UFOs and forced into weight-loss programs...all this week on Town Talk.
lack_of_sanity
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2007, 02:56:05 PM »

what he said.

Ryan
Saskmetal Member

Grind!

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2007, 07:50:09 PM »

Did Dave Suzuki do drums on this one again?  I know that he could not play full songs on Dechristianize, and as such he would sample together bars of blasts and such..... it would be cool if they had a drummer who is on the recording, AND who could pull it off live.  I am looking forward to hearing this album though.  Im a big fan od dechristianize.

Agent Orange
Tiocfaidh ár lá
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2007, 08:00:36 PM »

Yeah Suzuki did the drums

I enjoyed the album, but I find Rutan's production to be fairly dry in parts.

a cold blooded epitaph
master of all baiters
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2007, 11:36:57 PM »

ya, it can be hit and miss. 

Lesbian-Nazi-Hookers, abducted by UFOs and forced into weight-loss programs...all this week on Town Talk.
Gorax
Tithead
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2007, 04:54:11 PM »

Did Dave Suzuki do drums on this one again?  I know that he could not play full songs on Dechristianize, and as such he would sample together bars of blasts and such.....
There was a video posted on their myspace a few months ago during their recording sessions showing David Suzuki recording a full song, so I'm assuming it was a response to those accusations of him cutting and pasting during Dechristianize. So I'm assuming he was doing full takes (or at least for that song Smiley)

Pages: [1]      Go Up
Print
Saskmetal.com  |  Music  |  Reviews (Moderators: IAmGray, Mr. Metalguy, saskmetalmod, swamples)  |  Topic: Vital Remains- Icons Of Evil
Jump to: