SiteMap Job For A Cowboy- "Genesis"
  User
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 21, 2017, 04:20:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length
  Search
  Stats
292543 Posts in 5678 Topics by 2173 Members
Latest Member: dpressure
  Upcoming Shows
 photo d942789e-e877-4fa5-868d-15048ef6f06d_zps16c3f71d.jpg
  News
If you're having trouble logging in, clear any cookies related to saskmetal and try again!
Pages: [1]      Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Job For A Cowboy- "Genesis"  (Read 11696 times)
colie22
Saskmetal Member

« on: July 10, 2007, 03:50:48 PM »

Job For A Cowboy's new album, "Genesis" is pretty brutal.
It's a little grindcore, death metal, deathcore, but its not cookie-cutter and keeps up its intensity with barely any breakdowns.
These guys are youngsters and I see only more brutality coming from them in the future.
You can catch them on the Sounds of the Underground Tour this summer. 
Aurora Borealis
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2007, 05:56:30 PM »

You forgot their target markets and for fans of:
Daltron
Saskmetal Member

Stating the obvious, since 1988.

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2007, 02:29:49 AM »

Job For A Cowboy's new album, "Genesis" is pretty brutal.
It's a little grindcore, death metal, deathcore, but its not cookie-cutter and keeps up its intensity with barely any breakdowns.
These guys are youngsters and I see only more brutality coming from them in the future.

Whats wrong with breakdowns?
You can catch them on the Sounds of the Underground Tour this summer. 

This fake punk movement is bullshit, but theres money to be maaaade, so lets milk it!
Bryce
Shitfuck
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2008, 02:18:30 PM »

Honestly, this album is one of the best things i've heard come from anyone in a loooooong fucking time.  One of my tops, right meow.

aceofspades5
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2008, 02:24:37 PM »

ya youre right this cd schools
bearing the serpents lamb and altered from catechization are deadly songs let alone the entire cd
Bryce
Shitfuck
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2008, 04:00:04 PM »

word

Sten
Saskmetal Member

I taught the killing game first

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2008, 11:49:24 PM »

awesome cd

jdwheels
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2008, 04:24:22 PM »

I heard the CD a few weeks ago, and I thought it was pretty much garbage.

Even with fairly good production on the CD.... that alone cannot save what is a chaotic recorded mess. It is just a stab at doing something a little different in the Grind/death area of metal, which I always look for... but it falls flat on it's perverbrial ass and brings nothing but a wall of sound that is so disorganized and uneventful, it is not even worth listening to even if it comes free!!

Here is a tip if you are going out there to buy this CD... STOP!!!  If you want to buy something that does have great production with stellar musicianship wrapped up in a gut twisting format that makes your head wanna bang all night long... I'd suggest the new Primordial or even Japan's queens of Death/black metal Gallhammer 

As for Job for Cowboy: Use this little metal disk as a coaster or play fetch with the dog with it.  AVOID this thing at all cost!!

I gave it a 28/100
Sten
Saskmetal Member

I taught the killing game first

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2008, 11:40:06 PM »

i like gallhammer and i cant really see how you can recommend them people is a replacement for JFAC. they're completely different

Jorn
Saskmetal Member

Behold

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2008, 11:53:29 AM »

If you want an alternative to Job for A Cowboy I think the Faceless would be a better recommendation if you want similar tastes. 
Genesis didn't really catch my attention. Still excited to see how they sound live though at Gigantour.

aceofspades5
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2008, 01:16:05 PM »

Even with fairly good production on the CD.... that alone cannot save what is a chaotic recorded mess. It is just a stab at doing something a little different in the Grind/death area of metal, which I always look for... but it falls flat on it's perverbrial ass and brings nothing but a wall of sound that is so disorganized and uneventful

you couldnt be further from the truth!
sure their doom cd blew big time but genesis dominates.

calling it "disorganized and uneventful" is wrong,their drummer does more than enough to make it sound killer not to mention the intense vocals. you must not understand the genre? since the two bands you mentioned are not suitable alternatives for jfac.

genesis may not be the greatest cd out there but i can say that it is alot better than you make it out to be and is much better than the two bands you mentioned
Jordan
Shredder of Gnar.
Saskmetal Member

Katy Perry has awesome boobs.

« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2008, 08:23:23 PM »

ohhh yesss here we go baby,  JFAC is awful the only thing worth mentioning in this band is  the drummer and vocalist the rest suck and thats the end of story . I just cant believe how big this band is get some guitar worthwhile. sorry anthony =p

In L.A., nobody touches you. We're always behind this metal and glass. I think we miss that touch so much, that we crash into each other, just so we can feel something.

that's like getting a hologram of hitler to host your bar mitzvah
Harbinger Of Doom
Salvation is nothing, nothing is salvation
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2008, 02:04:18 AM »

I will agree that they are overated, but i still think its a solid album......kicks the living shit out Bodom's new one!

Metal_and_Kitties
Saskmetal Member

give me cheese

« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2008, 02:19:03 AM »

ya but really dude, that doesn't say much............... .....
Harbinger Of Doom
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2008, 02:22:12 AM »

touche

Jordan
Shredder of Gnar.
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2008, 12:26:53 PM »

well its a solid album sure, but i also want you to find me any death metal band with close to 7 million myspace views like what the fuck

In L.A., nobody touches you. We're always behind this metal and glass. I think we miss that touch so much, that we crash into each other, just so we can feel something.

Harbinger Of Doom
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2008, 12:37:39 PM »

As a guess I could say Cannibal Corpse

Jordan
Shredder of Gnar.
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2008, 06:40:36 PM »

as a guess you would be wrong k dawg ., go on myspace and search deathmetal bands and jfac has 2 million more views than anyone else.

necrolobes
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2008, 06:46:08 PM »

but did they have a real website to go to also? no, i bet if you add all of a big name metal bands website hits they would kill JFAC.
Guillet
Saskmetal Member

Doom On

« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2008, 07:04:03 PM »

zomg 7 million myspace plays, they gotta be the best death metal band ever!!!!!!

"I am an audible sigh wrapped in bacon"
Harbinger Of Doom
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2008, 09:14:00 PM »

zomg 7 million myspace plays, they gotta be the best death metal band ever!!!!!!

You do realize that Jordan ISN'T defending JFAC right?

ohhh yesss here we go baby,  JFAC is awful the only thing worth mentioning in this band is  the drummer and vocalist the rest suck and thats the end of story . I just cant believe how big this band is get some guitar worthwhile. sorry anthony =p

Besides JFAC is definately not the best death metal band......Origin is!

necrolobes
« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2008, 11:28:41 PM »

You do realize that Jordan ISN'T defending JFAC right?

You do realize that Michael ISN'T the smartest kid on saskmetal right?
Guillet
Saskmetal Member

Doom On

« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2008, 02:09:02 AM »

DURRRRRRR!

"I am an audible sigh wrapped in bacon"
Harbinger Of Doom
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2008, 05:06:07 AM »

I do now!

jdwheels
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2008, 08:45:38 AM »

I still stick by what I think of JFAC and this album. I can think of many better Death bands than this.  It's not about numbers of album sales for me... it's the sound, the over all feel and originality.  JFAC for me falls flat in every category... that is my opinion.

Primordial is way better... the new one kicks my ass every time I play it.  Immortal Souls also make me smile.

To those who may think I am not getting it...tough!  So I don't get all the hype with JFAC... this is why we are on here... to have our say... but I respect those people who do like the album.

I have my likes and dislikes... all of you also do.  I have re-listened to JFAC, to see what I am missing... for me, my opinion still stands. For my tastes. JFAC is hardly something I would want to pass on to listen to.

JD
aceofspades5
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2008, 11:35:38 AM »

the fact that youre reccomending  bands that are not the same genre and sorry but nowhere near as good or technical,makes you sound like you dont know wtf youre talking about

yes jfac is bigger than they should be.yes its dumb but shit happens
no one here ever said the amount of plays/views jfac has equals how good they are.
i like them because im a drummer and the best part of their band is the fuckin drums not because i found them on a myspace search and thought theyd be the end all of death metal cause they have 7 million plays/views

TLO
Creepin it real since 1984
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2008, 03:45:08 PM »

I like this album quite a bit

I don't see whats wrong with some young guys gettin enjoying some success, luck has a lot to do with making it for any band

so good on em

and here I thought it was a Lord of the Rings quote.
MrMoustache
Agorapocalypse
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2008, 09:18:13 AM »

but its not cookie-cutter
You must have listened to a different Job For a Cowboy than I did, because all I heard was cookie-cutter "we're so br00tal, that we didn't take the time to actually write any songs" death metal. Think a really weak Deicide without any of the cool parts.

Instead of this, go pick up some Deicide, the first 2 or 3 Cryptopsy albums, some Suffocation, and some Vomitory. And there's probably another 20 bands I could list that you should listen to before listening to this.

aceofspades5
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2008, 10:48:11 AM »

you mustve mistaken that for cannibal corpse, because the jfac i listen to is fairly entertaining
necrolobes
« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2008, 01:57:40 PM »

but at least you listed bands that would be a suitable alternative to JFAC , not some off the wall band that has no similarity in sound and style.
Pages: [1]      Go Up
Print
Saskmetal.com  |  Music  |  Reviews (Moderators: IAmGray, Mr. Metalguy, saskmetalmod, swamples)  |  Topic: Job For A Cowboy- "Genesis"
Jump to: