SiteMap "Iron Dragon" Debut CD almost Ready ...
  User
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 24, 2018, 08:36:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length
  Search
  Stats
292626 Posts in 5690 Topics by 2173 Members
Latest Member: dpressure
  News
If you're having trouble logging in, clear any cookies related to saskmetal and try again!
Pages: [1]      Go Down
Print
Author Topic: "Iron Dragon" Debut CD almost Ready ...  (Read 5302 times)
irondragon
Saskmetal Member

The new Era of Canadian Metal ...

« on: May 03, 2007, 05:47:57 AM »

Hello all! (I hope that I am posting this in the right place!)

Our DEBUT album will be released VERY shortly! 
Length: 72 min. / Tracks: 23  /  $8
It will be for Sale on the webiste and at http://www.cdbaby.com (sometimes in the next week).  Fuzztone Music in Yorkton is also selling it. (It will be at a few more places over time, but I am too busy right now to travel anywhere.)

For all info, updates and CD cover artwork, please head to our website ...
http://www.starverse.ca/irondragon
 evil

NOTE:
Just uploaded a new song - "SLEEPING SINS."  It Debuted at # 24 on the Sound Click HEAVY METAL Charts! - It also was listened to an Impressive 117 Times the first day (May 2)!!!  The next day hit #6 on the Heavy Metal Charts with 237 hits!!!
Here it here ...
http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplayer.m3u?id=5299783&q=hi

Thank You for your time.
ALSO:
On my next issue of STAR VERSE REVIEWS, http://www.starverse.ca/reviews.shtml - Besides my usual indie comics that were sent to me, and my few mainstream music albums that I bought such as Man-O-War & Iron Maiden's new albums, I just recieved my STILLSEED cd in the mail yesterday from cdbay.com and will be putting a review of it on the next issue.
Smiley
« Last Edit: May 04, 2007, 10:31:56 AM by irondragon » Logged

SuperD
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2007, 12:11:57 PM »

Will there be any preorder colour options?
wannabe
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2007, 12:26:33 PM »

I listened to the track...

The Prairie Prophet
I'm not a fan of all of it, but a lot of it
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2007, 03:29:31 PM »

Length: 72 min. / Tracks: 23

Average song time of 3 min/7 sec.  Sounds like a green day or offspring greatest hits compilation grin

When god gives you lemons you FIND A NEW GOD!!!
Trippdaddy
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2007, 04:27:18 PM »

i dont like it.....my god
Toddureself
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2007, 10:43:22 PM »

Are you kidding me? This is brilliant. This stuff is high class performance art.

that guy just wouldn't give me a wet vagina.
Toddureself
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2007, 10:44:59 PM »

Are you guys going to tour at all? I want to see Iron Dragon live.

irondragon
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2007, 10:40:48 AM »

Haha ...
boy do I sence a TON of sarcasm here!!!!   rolleyes

Are you guys going to tour at all? I want to see Iron Dragon live.
We are in an Instrumental Project right at this moment, so no.  The only thing that we've done live was play on a Float for the City fair last year.

We've began to work on newer stuff, as I have a little better of a recording setup and the sounding/quality is a bit better.
I would like to record in a studio, but Yorkton only has one - Freedome Sound owned by Jon Anaka (not sure how to spell the last name).  He did all the recordings for the band "GO."
And the money is just not there right now.
 afro

wannabe
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2007, 11:04:15 AM »

The only thing that we've done live was play on a Float for the City fair last year.

I really try not to poke fun of new bands on here so don't take this the wrong way. This line actually made me laugh. I laugh because there's tonns of weird shows that bands do and this one was a good one. A friend of mine in highschool played in a punk band and worked at walmart. Somehow he managed to get the OK to do a show during store hours in one of the main isles. it was priceless!

Anyway, best of luck with the band.

irondragon
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2007, 10:58:26 PM »

Hey "wannabe" ...

The funny thing about what you said is that I worked at Wal-Mart (it was infact on their float) Smiley
I quit about a month ago and ended my eight year Reign.  Working at Super Store now for a better Paycheck, but without the BS.

Thanks.

lack_of_sanity
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2007, 11:02:59 PM »

i dunno dude, i wasnt impressed with the track really. just a question...if you havent played any real shows, why the hurry to put out an album?

The Prairie Prophet
I'm not a fan of all of it, but a lot of it
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2007, 05:57:58 AM »

some people simply like to record if playing live isn't in the cards.  That said, I still haven't listened to the track.

When god gives you lemons you FIND A NEW GOD!!!
irondragon
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2007, 08:59:08 AM »

I love LOVE to play live one day, but Man, we have a TON of practice to do before that would happen!   

wink

genocideseth
Your mom, thats what.
Saskmetal Member

QQ

« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2007, 12:59:41 PM »

I don't like how the beggining was mixed but It sounds awsome. I would love to hear it live.

genocideseth
Your mom, thats what.
Saskmetal Member

QQ

« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2007, 01:01:53 PM »

When it says your heavy metal, am I to expect Judas Priest or Iron Maiden?

bob endo
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2007, 05:34:31 PM »

It sounds a lot like the band "I HAVE NO IDEA HOW ANY OF THESE THINGS ARE ACTUALLY PLAYED".
grim and nordic
Saskmetal Member

the afterlife means we reign as ghosts

« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2007, 09:01:38 PM »

It sounds a lot like the band "I HAVE NO IDEA HOW ANY OF THESE THINGS ARE ACTUALLY PLAYED".

Yeah hey...   

Guy learn some scales, cause as far as i could hear, there was a few out of key notes slapped down on there..
Toddureself
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2007, 12:35:43 PM »

To the dude(s) in Iron Dragon, I just want to say, don't listen to the haters. This is exactly the sort of project Saskatchewan needs more of: something truly grim and brutal and kvlt. Take Pierre for instance. He sings for the Fifth Dawn, so no wonder he's telling you to practice scales; those dudes can play arpeggio sweeps till their fingers fall off. But where's the ravishing grimness? Where's the sense of atmosphere? With them it's all about the notes. But the reason I like Sleeping Sins is because it's all about the SPACE between the notes. It's about the notes you don't play as much as the notes you do play. I don't want to sound like I'm talking shit or start a flame war, but that's my two cents.

I really like the programmed drums you used; I think it adds an extra level of cold synthetic harshness. And the lofi guitars: brilliant. Total Norway. I know you guys aren't necessarily blackmetal but the central part of Sleeping Sins where it goes into a heavier powerchord riff totally reminds me of bands like Darkthrone and Burzum. I couldn't help myself; I just felt like I had to complete the final pieces of the puzzle and add some grim foreboding keys and mystikal vokills. I also added some programmed blast beats to give it that extra dollop of kaos. I hope you like it.

http://www.sutureself.com/music/sleepingsins.mp3

Brent
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2007, 05:20:24 PM »

Blah Blah Blah...

Oh Todd....

­­Berner
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2007, 09:18:08 AM »

Black metal pwnage Todd.
grim and nordic
Saskmetal Member

the afterlife means we reign as ghosts

« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2007, 12:35:02 PM »

To the dude(s) in Iron Dragon, I just want to say, don't listen to the haters. This is exactly the sort of project Saskatchewan needs more of: something truly grim and brutal and kvlt. Take Pierre for instance. He sings for the Fifth Dawn, so no wonder he's telling you to practice scales; those dudes can play arpeggio sweeps till their fingers fall off. But where's the ravishing grimness? Where's the sense of atmosphere? With them it's all about the notes. But the reason I like Sleeping Sins is because it's all about the SPACE between the notes. It's about the notes you don't play as much as the notes you do play. I don't want to sound like I'm talking shit or start a flame war, but that's my two cents.

I really like the programmed drums you used; I think it adds an extra level of cold synthetic harshness. And the lofi guitars: brilliant. Total Norway. I know you guys aren't necessarily blackmetal but the central part of Sleeping Sins where it goes into a heavier powerchord riff totally reminds me of bands like Darkthrone and Burzum. I couldn't help myself; I just felt like I had to complete the final pieces of the puzzle and add some grim foreboding keys and mystikal vokills. I also added some programmed blast beats to give it that extra dollop of kaos. I hope you like it.

http://www.sutureself.com/music/sleepingsins.mp3

You're an idiot! We have so much grimness. Say we aren't grim again and i'll kill your dog.
­­Berner
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2007, 03:03:20 PM »

Pierre can I kill your dog so it stops barking at me when I come to your house. It's hard to slip my fist in your ass when that thing is yapping at me.
Pages: [1]      Go Up
Print
Saskmetal.com  |  Music  |  Saskatchewan Metal Bands (Moderators: Mr. Metalguy, saskmetalmod, swamples)  |  Topic: "Iron Dragon" Debut CD almost Ready ...
Jump to: