SiteMap DIMMU BORGIR in Toronto
  User
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 24, 2017, 04:53:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
  Search
  Stats
292543 Posts in 5678 Topics by 2173 Members
Latest Member: dpressure
  Upcoming Shows
 photo d942789e-e877-4fa5-868d-15048ef6f06d_zps16c3f71d.jpg
  News
If you're having trouble logging in, clear any cookies related to saskmetal and try again!
Pages: [1]      Go Down
Print
Author Topic: DIMMU BORGIR in Toronto  (Read 5677 times)
Lord of all Fire
Saskmetal Member

« on: April 25, 2007, 10:21:31 AM »

To start off me and a few friends were on the guest list and tried to pull some strings to get us in to the show early to see sound check.  However we failed and ended up waiting in line for about 4 hours in the hot sun behind about 100 other people who had got their before us.  Oh, and street meat is the best, try it if your ever in Toronto, best sausage in a bun ever.

The show was at the Kool Haus.  I'd compaire it to MacEwen Hall in Calgary exept, it was bigger, has four bars along the sides, a lounge from which you can see and hear the stage perfectly.  Since we got in so early we took some big comfy couches and get our drinks and stayed thhere pretty mych til Dimmu when on.

Kakaklysm was treable.  They looked good, but the sound was very bad, Murizio's vocals have this really bad hiss to them and the guitars were way under the mix. 
  Devildriver was alright I guess.  This was probably my fifth time seeing them, not by choice but because they've always seemed to be opening for bands I wanna see.  So I didn't really pay much attention to them.
  Unearth was super energetic really fun.  The crowd was going nuts for them.  Before the show while we were in line which lined up where the busses were, we had the presure if watching Unearth try for three hours to build their stage banner.  Well, watch Poncho,  is that his name?  I'm not sure but it ws the name he spray painted on the street claiming he was the best and then drew what looked like a huge narled penis which was supposed to be his signature.  The othher guys in the band just kinda stood around him telling him what he should be doing. 
  Dimmu, man were they awsome.  Super tight, sound was amazing. Mustis was hilarious to watch though, He looked like the bass player for Twistes Sister.  He did not bang his head, he just stood there behind his keyboard cold faced and staired at the crowd.  Because of how thhe stage was I could walk to the side a bit and watch Hellhammer on the drums.  I was kinda disapointed as he ia a super light hitter, but he was fast and percise, but everythhing was triggered to the max.  The stage set-up was wierd though, behind the front 4 was a big podium like that of the olympics with the three teers in which they climbed up on and stuff for certain parts.  behind that on two ther really tall risers on each side was Mustis on the keys and Hellhammer on thr drums, he had a huge drum kit.  They played for about 75min,  I got the set-list they played that night from another site, because i'm terrable with that stuff.

Intro
Progenies of the Great Apocalypse
Vredesbyrd
Cataclysm Children
Kings of the Carnival Creation
Sorgens Kammer del II
Indoctrination
A Succubus in Rapture
The Serpentine Offering
Hellhammer Drum solo
The Chosen Legacy
The Insight and the Catharsis
Spellbound
Mourning Palace
fuck
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2007, 06:11:55 PM »

Nice... Checking this tour out twice in a couple of weeks.

FirePixie
The Queen Of The Parasites
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2007, 10:35:40 AM »

Oh, and street meat is the best, try it if your ever in Toronto, best sausage in a bun ever. 

STREET MEAT!!!
Randa-Gest
Saskmetal Member

In Soviet Russia, razorblades cut with you!

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2007, 12:26:43 AM »

Sounds like a pretty swank set. *shakes fist at fate*

Oh well. At least someone got to go and enjoy it!

oh good god....too much information david!

I love how everyone acts like THEY know.
Heather
The Almighty Asshead
Saskmetal Member

Anal Fisser.

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2007, 01:49:37 AM »

i remember the kool haus. it was like 3+ exchanges rolled in one.

Heathen

this is what happens when the mentally handicapped get access to the internet

"it takes 1000 normal retards to equal all the retard in 1 heather"--Digglez
Lord of all Fire
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2007, 07:19:27 PM »

Yes, it was a very nice place.
fuck
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2007, 09:05:44 AM »

Just saw the show last night in Calgary... very impressive production... Going again tonight in Edmonton.

Harbinger Of Doom
Salvation is nothing, nothing is salvation
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2007, 12:47:30 AM »

if Dimmu ever opens a show without progenies, I would be very disappointed as that is the greatest opener any band could EVER write! (I havent even seen Dimmu)

fuck
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2007, 11:13:46 AM »

Here is some souveniers I snagged up and some people I met

Eric M
Don't Be A Cunt
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2007, 10:47:52 PM »

fuuuuuck what I woudln't give to hear progenies live hahaha.  Such a good song.

Smile now, Tomorrow will be worse.<br /><br />15000 atheists in London rioted after a blank sheet of paper was found on a cartoonist\'s desk<br /><br />
Pages: [1]      Go Up
Print
Saskmetal.com  |  Music  |  Reviews (Moderators: IAmGray, Mr. Metalguy, saskmetalmod, swamples)  |  Topic: DIMMU BORGIR in Toronto
Jump to: