SiteMap Myth
  User
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 21, 2018, 11:21:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
  Search
  Stats
292623 Posts in 5688 Topics by 2173 Members
Latest Member: dpressure
  News
If you're having trouble logging in, clear any cookies related to saskmetal and try again!
Pages: [1]      Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Myth  (Read 2913 times)
Myth
Saskmetal Member

« on: December 18, 2006, 07:23:03 PM »

Hehehe, love the afro >>  afro   Anyways...

Introduction time me thinks.  Myth is a band based outside Saskatoon in a puny little obsolete town by the name of Bradwell.  Member changes over the past couple years have led us in different directions, exposed us to new ideas, etc.  Current lineup is:

Mike Roncin - guitars, vocals (I try  tongue)

Dustin Kosloski - drums, percussion

Braden Bardell - guitars

Francis Stroeder - bass

Our list of performances includes mostly local small town stuff.  Street dances, the local Telemiracle fundraiser, etc.  We were a part of the Louis' Battle of the Bands in February 2005, which was under an old lineup.  Although crowd response was phenomenal, politics played their everpresent role and well, lol, we didn't win.  Booo!!!  Umm, we played at the Saskatoon Prairieland Park for the Hy8tus festival the same summer and have laid dormant in lineup changes and contemplation until this spring.  This November we played at the Odeon in Saskatoon for the November to Remember alongside bands such as Stillseed and Damonen.  That was a great show for us, considering we played as a 2 man band (due to work related schedule issues) and it was our first gig in over a year. 

Our music is a mix of the heavy, guttural growl and the "make you wanna cry".  We believe in mixing inspiration from many musical genres to accomplish our desired sound which has been labelled as different, unique, heavy but not too heavy.  We have been using our own material in all of our shows and are building to being able to throw down some all original sets.  With band member changes it's hard to keep a grasp on material but our personal Myth list includes over a dozen songs that will either grab you by the throat, make you cry, make you wanna grab someone by the throat, or simply just rock your crazy metal ass off.  As always, Mike's lyrics are written to further imply or invoke those feelings and emotions.  He loves to make you think. 

We're all inspired by different sounds and genres.  From the old classics like Zeppelin, the immortal AC/DC, Deep Purple, Dire Straits, and Judas Priest to the more iconic heavy bands like Pantera, Metallica, Slayer, Tool, Iron Maiden,Korn, White Zombie, and Iced Earth.  We love the newer heavy shit like Killswitch Engage, Chimera, Trivium, Dragonforce, basically.........m usic with a pulse.  Don't be surprised to hear one of us going on about some soft band, chick band, instrumental guitarist, anything that grooves us.  We're versatile, needless to say. 

We're young, and ready to develop as musicians while learning from our peers and our idols.  We enjoy playing with bands who also have a sense of direction, brotherhood and musical.....love/drive/passion.  We'd love to see more of you peeps on the road, when we get there. 

Right now our one issue would be vocals.  Mike loves to sing, loves to learn, loves to try but he's not able to put 100% into playing and singing, it's kind of one or the other.  We are looking for someone to step up as the singer of the band and take some weight off of his shoulders, so if anyone is interested, contact myth at   Believe-the-Myth@hotmail.com.  We're looking for someone with some stellar pipes.  Godlike would do but we'll settle  tongue  Seriously, we just want someone who can sing, add some edge, hold a tune, and rock a stage.  We're a metal band, not some fucking reality show.  Dedication, love, passion, drive, heart, soul, music. 

I, Mike, and we the band look forward to meeting some of you on here, and playing with some of you out there.  Thanks to Erin from Damonen for info about this site so that we could come to be a part of the Sask Metal community.  Seeya around

Peace,
Mike

It's all about the f%cking riff!
lack_of_sanity
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2006, 08:33:09 PM »

for having 2 people, there, you guys were pretty killer in november. id love to check you out when you have your whole lineup there.

The Prairie Prophet
I'm not a fan of all of it, but a lot of it
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2006, 12:39:05 PM »

I concur.

When god gives you lemons you FIND A NEW GOD!!!
Trudel
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2006, 09:24:06 PM »

I also concur.
dark-dreamer
Never to matter the number of flies feasting the flab that bolsters your thighs
Saskmetal Member

Immortal Corruptor!

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2006, 09:30:05 PM »

WOO! Recognition!
No problem guys. It's an excellent source for... lots of stuff! Looking forward to some more shows in the future, and even moreso the new lineup. Heh.

See you guys around Tongue
Myth
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2007, 12:41:19 PM »

Giving heads up to anyone who's interested in checking us out, or seeing us again, we are playing a show at the Odeon on the 19th.  Right now I have no fucking clue when, but I do know sometime that night......yep.  I can get more specific later on but for now, just the day and place.  Our lineup will be almost full, lol, Braden's gone to work, up north in the bush with naught but his beard to keep him company on those chilly nights, lol.  Anyways, Me, Dustin, Francis, rocking on the 19th.  Hope to see some of you there.  $10 at the door.  Yep.

Myth
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2007, 12:30:09 PM »

What's up everyone.  Anyone see us at our last couple gigs?  Played the Odeon again not long ago, and Band Warz at the Roxy on the 19th, which was *cough*a joke.  For such a "big proffessional" setup that was one of the poorest excuses for organization I've ever seen in my life.  Yeah, lol, we're bitter, obviously we didn't move on.  Kill in our name!!!  Nah, whatever, shit happens, just gives me more to sling.  Anyways, good luck to the other bands from that night (metal cat.) Chainfire, Dillusions Of and Hedged.  Dillusions Of kick some pretty serious ass, we've played with them twice now and they have impressed me both times so, check'em out if they're foreign to you. 

Myth will be playing Saskatoon again in the next month or so hopefully, and by the sounds of things.  We're having some talks with a buddy right now, but to possibly add some depth to the pool of interest, we're going to be looking for a new bassist very soon so anyone interested get back to us by email, or tin can phone. 

Anyways, just an update for anyone who cares.  By the way, you all should  evil 

Peace all,
Mike

Pages: [1]      Go Up
Print
Saskmetal.com  |  Music  |  Saskatchewan Metal Bands (Moderators: Mr. Metalguy, saskmetalmod, swamples)  |  Topic: Myth
Jump to: