SiteMap Band of Brothers
  User
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 24, 2017, 06:18:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
  Search
  Stats
292543 Posts in 5678 Topics by 2173 Members
Latest Member: dpressure
  Upcoming Shows
 photo d942789e-e877-4fa5-868d-15048ef6f06d_zps16c3f71d.jpg
  News
If you're having trouble logging in, clear any cookies related to saskmetal and try again!
Pages: [1] 2      Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Band of Brothers  (Read 18818 times)
zandra
Administrator

« on: November 15, 2006, 10:36:06 AM »

Most of us knew Dave and Danny Stephenson, if not on a personal level, you certainly knew who they were. The one common link that we all shared with them was their love and passion for music.

Using Lisa’s idea of holding a yearly Band of Brothers benefit to raise money for other local families, a plan was devised to ensure that the memory of the Stephenson brothers would forever live on.

Dave and Danny were always giving and the best way we knew how to pay tribute to them was to create a webpage simply titled “Band of Brothers”. This webpage was created out of our love for Dave and Danny and hope that each of you enjoy it as much as Marlies and I are proud and excited to have created it.

RIP Dave & Danny Stephenson, Regina will never be the same, but the Band of Brothers will live on! The Legacy of Dave and Danny Stephenson and the Band of Brothers can be found here

www.band-of-brothers.ca

Cheers and Fuck!!!

Support the scene...buy a tshirt, buy a cd, BUY A TICKET and attend a show!

ADVANCE TICKETS available at VINTAGE VINYL, MADAME YES, ZEUS and online!
Marlies
veteran \m/etalhead & wannabe Canadian!
Saskmetal Member

treat others like you want to be treated

« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2006, 10:45:35 AM »

WOOH!!

It was one helluva therapy session after days of crying.. but it felt damn good to finally do something constructive with our grief! Afterwards we were so excited to show it to the family and now to all of you who care!

I miss them like crazy but yeah, the Band Of Brothers will live on! \m/

~ websites since 1998 ~ Brainstorm, Into Eternity and much more! ~

wobben.org - Nico & Marlies's homepage

Cryptopchick
Great Superior Forum Master

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2006, 03:57:06 PM »

Great idea guys!

Riding the Road of Excess, Straight to the Land of Sin....
Everything I say is awesome
I need a man to fix it.
Club can't even handle me right now

I've seen Anathema <3
Master0vDisharmony
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2006, 04:10:09 PM »

I love it
GnomeBeard
You can find work and sort your life out anytime. The pub closes in five hours.
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2006, 05:37:36 PM »

I think this was a great idea!  Thanks to Zandra and Marlies for sharing this with all of us!

Saskatchewan Beard & Moustache Club

https://www.facebook.com/saskbeardclub
thecoach
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2006, 09:18:20 AM »

Can you guys make a banner of some sort for this?  I'd through it on my myspace and on my personal website (as long as my work will let me).
Bower
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2006, 10:20:52 AM »

ya, this is a hell of an idea. Fuck yesterday was hard.
Marlies
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2006, 01:38:39 PM »

Can you guys make a banner of some sort for this?  I'd through it on my myspace and on my personal website (as long as my work will let me).

yes that is the next thing I want to do, I haven't been able to yet (had a migraine the past 2 days).

Marlies
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2006, 02:43:22 PM »

Okidoki, I finally did those banners today! Not too happy about the smallest one, but I couldn't get it sharper, it's just so small.

So if you want to remember Dave and Danny in your online signatures, websites or MySpace etc., feel free to use these. You can save them and use them on your own space, or link to our images directly. On www.band-of-brothers.ca/banners.php you can see the banners with the HTML and BB codes you can use.

Here are the images:

Evil Edith
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2006, 11:45:47 AM »

Jesus!  What are the odds of two bothers dying of cancer within two months of each other?  That's some terribly tragic bad luck.   cry

Lisa
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2006, 05:51:12 PM »

I ask myself that same question daily.....7weeks and 1 day......how the Hell is that fair???
Marlies
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2006, 06:51:36 AM »

Nothing is fair about the whole thing, but there's one thing your mom said that I can't get out of my head: she said that, even though he'd never admit it, Dave always needed Danny. And in that light I can see *some* sense in him having to follow... That Dave needed him more over there than all of us on this end... (I would've gladly fought Dave tooth and nail over that though..)

Lisa
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2006, 08:27:41 AM »

So True, we were talking about it the other day and I said that Danny had to get up there before Dave gave away all of his clothing and was walking around naked!!!!Danny would be the voice of reason for Dave I can just hear him saying "don't be a dunbass man you don't have any other clothes!!!" or " I'll tell Mom" I know that Dave needed him and that does give us an amazing amount of comfort. I guess it all just gets to be a bit much Daves Birthday is in a few days and that is a hard pill to swallow knowing that he isn't gonna be here. So I guess "why" will be on my mind everyday....
NewWorldSamurai
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2006, 01:21:14 PM »

this is a  cool idea...besides the unrecoverable heartache and pain... the costs of dealing with doctors and medicine could be too much in its self, never mind hotels and stuff if the family is from out of town...this is a total danny or dave move.. if theres one thing those guys taught us is to help out a brother (or sista) whenever the need it.

Now that i realize, how its all gone wrong... got to find some therapy, cause screaming takes too long.
Harbinger Of Doom
Salvation is nothing, nothing is salvation
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2006, 01:50:17 AM »

Im pretty sure it goes without saying that Upon The Ashes(or any other band I am a part of) will ALWAYS be willing to play this!!!

Lisa
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2007, 08:47:41 PM »

I have to start by telling a bit of a story.. Today Jaimie and I went out for lunch and had a chat about all of the things that have changed in our lives in the last 4 months, we both has a moment and then decided that we needed to go out to the cemetery to visit the boys, on the way we picked up some flowers so that they would have fresh ones. When we got out there from the car we saw bunny tracks both of us said " aww how nice that a bunny has been visiting them, they would like that" as we got out of the car and walked closer we noticed that the fluffy bunny had shit on the grave and eatten the flower that we had out there already.....we both started to laugh as we wiped that crap off and Jaimie yelled "You Bastard Bunnies".....Both of us had sorta thought that we were gonna have a bad visit out there today but instead we laughed....call us crazy, or whatever you want. The point that I am making I guess is that grief is so different for everyone, I have learned that life is short, way too short.... I miss my brothers everyday of the week but I need to mourn them my way...nobody can tell me that it is wrong....mostly because I don't know anyone who has anything to compare it to. I have tattooed myself, pierced myself, gone to metal shows, drank a bit much....but I AM OK WITH IT....DAN & DAVE WOULD BE OK WITH IT so why would other people not be?Huh Well maybe I am just needing to rant a bit and I though that a few people may understand.....Than ks, Lisa
Jaimie
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2007, 10:58:19 PM »

I have to start by telling a bit of a story.. Today Jaimie and I went out for lunch and had a chat about all of the things that have changed in our lives in the last 4 months, we both has a moment and then decided that we needed to go out to the cemetery to visit the boys, on the way we picked up some flowers so that they would have fresh ones. When we got out there from the car we saw bunny tracks both of us said " aww how nice that a bunny has been visiting them, they would like that" as we got out of the car and walked closer we noticed that the fluffy bunny had shit on the grave and eatten the flower that we had out there already.....we both started to laugh as we wiped that crap off and Jaimie yelled "You Bastard Bunnies".....Both of us had sorta thought that we were gonna have a bad visit out there today but instead we laughed....call us crazy, or whatever you want. The point that I am making I guess is that grief is so different for everyone, I have learned that life is short, way too short.... I miss my brothers everyday of the week but I need to mourn them my way...nobody can tell me that it is wrong....mostly because I don't know anyone who has anything to compare it to. I have tattooed myself, pierced myself, gone to metal shows, drank a bit much....but I AM OK WITH IT....DAN & DAVE WOULD BE OK WITH IT so why would other people not be?Huh Well maybe I am just needing to rant a bit and I though that a few people may understand.....Than ks, Lisa

Ranting is good, we all need to rant once in awhile and get things out or our heads would eventually explode and that would get messy.

I am glad that Lisa shared the bunny shit story with you all, it was quite amusing and everyone needs to giggle once in awhile.  I am hoping that those bastard bunnies heard me cursing and will not return again.

As Lisa mentioned, we spent a good portion of the day reflecting on the past 4 months and trying to figure out why the hell these things have happened.  They say that "everything happens for a reason"....I am still searching for the reason.....

A year ago today, things were so different.  I remember it clearly.  It was damn cold outside and Dave, Danny, Lisa, myself and many other close friends bundled up and wandered over to the Golden Mile for the 2nd Annual Bowling Extravaganza, also known as my birthday party.  I think back to that day and never in a million years did i think that in a year that things could change so much.  This year, there wasn't a 3rd Annual Bowling Extravaganza, there just couldn't be, it wouldn't have been the same.  I just couldn't do it.  I sit here tonight and think about what could have been and isn't.

Like Lisa, i have also been tattooed, pierced and have been known to drink a bit too much on occasion.  And it doesn't stop there, I have an appointment on Tuesday, for yes, another tattoo.

Maybe we are a little crazy, but that is our way of mourning and like Lisa said we have to do it our way and not how everyone thinks that we should.

Lisa is my rock...without her I don't know where I would be.  She is my partner in crime and my sista from another motha.  We pondered the question as to where we would both be if we didn't have each other....we never came up with an answer.  I am thankful everyday for her.  There really isn't anyone else who can understand and relate. 

There are some very special people that i have met in the last little while.  They do not know the impact that they have had on my life.  I hope someday i will be able to tell them just how much they have helped me.  They have reminded me how to smile, talked to me when i just needed to talk and put up with my crazy antics without any judgement. 

Some days are good, some days not so good, but everyday is a new day.  The only advice i have is to live everyday to the fullest because you never know when it will all be stripped away from you. 

Marlies
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2007, 09:08:00 AM »

Looks like you guys have found good ways to mourn and express your mourning. As long as the drinking is not destructive, you know, that it would only make you feel more depressed. But I'm sure you're looking out for each other. I'm glad you two are able to support each other the way you do!

Copper_Nocturne
Saskmetal Member

all or nothing

« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2007, 05:00:38 PM »

I did'nt know these guys, nor do I know any of you...but in reading of this tragedy and you're posts, I offer my deepest most heart felt condolences to you and yours.  Stay strong.

Behold the scalp-locks of your enemies hanging there on his lodge-poles!
Jaimie
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2007, 04:26:02 PM »

Just so you all know, the "bastard bunnies" came back and ate the new flowers....

bob endo
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2007, 11:13:18 AM »

I, for one, wouldn't mind if bunnies came & hung out with me too, when my time comes.
At least that's how I see it.
Wink
Jaimie
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2007, 10:03:27 PM »

As a tribute to Dave and Danny, Lisa and I got tattooed on Tuesday and we wanted to show all of you the final product.

Thanks to Jules at Rising Sun for doing an excellent job.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: January 26, 2007, 10:05:10 PM by Jaimie » Logged

Marlies
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2007, 08:14:14 AM »

NICE! If I finally get some more ink someday I surely want to incorporate the boys somehow.. but that's of low priority financially..

bunnies: maybe they leave the flowers alone if you put some bunny food next to it? Wink *imagines all the bunnies of the whole area coming to that one spot now  grin*

Marlies
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2007, 08:50:37 AM »

hey people!

I've installed a gallery on the Band Of Brothers page and added the pics I already had. But we need more! So please, if you have any pics of DAVE, DANNY and/or the BENEFIT, please email them over (you'll be credited of course)! I'd appreciate it if you can add the date (or appr.) and place.

http://www.band-of-brothers.ca/gallery

And there are more updates coming up soon!

Lisa
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2007, 09:19:11 PM »

Just so that everyone is clear on the Band Of Brothers idea I just wanted to give a quick update...As of last week Band Of Brothers has become it's own corporation..this gives us the opportunity to do things such as fundraisers legally and also so that when we go to distribute whatever money that we get we can do it with the help of agencies that are reputable and so that we have some credibility as well. In October when it was put on for Danny we knew from the start where the money would be going, this time we may never even meet the people. We have set up a bank account at the CIBC Main Branch, and I will give more info on that on the Band of Brothers Site. We have already gotten donations which is soooo amazing. We do have a board of directors which consists of  Myself, Jaimie, Marlin, Coach, Mazden, Sandra & Taysha. We would welcome help, ideas, anything you have to put on the table.....This started as an idea that Danny had for Dave which makes it such a special and important legacy for us to carry on.....This has been such an amazing healing tool for us, not all families have the support of such great people we are so blessed to have the Saskmetal Family in our lives. Thanks, Lisa
                                           President "Band of Brothers INC."
                PS...INC is the registered name
HxT
« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2007, 09:35:44 PM »

that is awesome Lisa!
Lisa
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #26 on: December 17, 2007, 07:25:11 PM »

Just so you all know B of b Shirts are still for sale....Just call or message if you are interested.....all of the funds go DIRECTLY to the BofB.............
Toddureself
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2008, 12:15:37 AM »

I'd just like to mention that I will be doing a live webcast interview with Lisa and with Mitch Fraser of Chemical Horizon at 4 p.m. Tuesday, March 11th, where we will be discussing Band of Brothers and the upcoming Chris Fraser benefit show April 4th at the Exchange. For those who don't know, Chris Fraser was diagnosed a month ago with a serious brain tumour; he is the singer/rhythm guitarist for Chemical Horizon and Mitch, his brother, is the lead guitarist.

You can watch the interview at talkingdog.tv, which hosts a couple of different live web shows. I haven't been personally involved with the other shows, so this will be my first time doing an interview for the site. If you happen to catch the interview live at 4 p.m. you can type questions and comments into a chat window and we'll hopefully be able to incorporate that on the fly and answer some of your questions.

Unfortunately I will be out of town for the next three days so I won't be able to respond to any questions or comments in this thread, but I hope some of you check it out, and I hope to see a good turnout for the benefit show April 4th.

Check out the link below 4 p.m. Tuesday:

Talking Dog Television 

that guy just wouldn't give me a wet vagina.
Lisa
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2008, 07:35:16 PM »

Band of Brothers Annual General Meeting
April 21st @ 7:00pm Cafe Orange

All are welcome....Hope to see you there!!!!
Eechy
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #29 on: September 03, 2008, 04:23:34 PM »

love these guys always had a good time with them , ill dedicate my first  show with my new band to them and the good times that they brought to you to us all . forever stronger than all
Lisa
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #30 on: November 05, 2008, 10:35:48 PM »

Here is the line up for the show!!!!
SEE YOU THERE!!!!!

Gallowgeist
Omen
Trenchfoot
J.D. Lemire
reginaguy
The artist formerly known as thecoach
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #31 on: November 17, 2008, 05:06:21 PM »

This was really cool to see!  An article in the newspaper about Dave and Danny and Band of Brothers.  It's in the Minus 20 section so the writer must be young...not sure if he knew Danny or Dave and I don't think we (Band of Brothers) sent out a press release about the show on the weekend so I think this was totally random.  Good to see people are still taking about Dave and Danny and their legacy!

http://www.canada.com/reginaleaderpost/news/minus20/story.html?id=b9fe2c12-49cd-455a-8d9b-b52bd8b291bd
Marlies
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #32 on: November 17, 2008, 05:17:45 PM »

that must be the kid that Lisa told me about who interviewed family members and friends like Tim, I thought for an essay or something. Nice read!

zandra
Administrator

« Reply #33 on: November 17, 2008, 05:21:12 PM »

That young man is a high school student and it was for an essay...that's so awesome that he submitted it to the Leader Post and the printed it!

Cheers and Fuck!!!

Support the scene...buy a tshirt, buy a cd, BUY A TICKET and attend a show!

ADVANCE TICKETS available at VINTAGE VINYL, MADAME YES, ZEUS and online!
fuck
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #34 on: November 17, 2008, 06:14:39 PM »

I cried during the first two songs of Into Eternity's set on saturday... couldn't help but think of Dave and Danny.

Pages: [1] 2      Go Up
Print
Saskmetal.com  |  Music  |  Metal Chat (Moderators: Cryptopchick, Mr. Metalguy, saskmetalmod, swamples)  |  Topic: Band of Brothers
Jump to: