SiteMap July 10 - Saskatoon, Canada - Unholy Alliance Off-date show
  User
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 22, 2017, 09:36:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
  Search
  Stats
292543 Posts in 5678 Topics by 2173 Members
Latest Member: dpressure
  Upcoming Shows
 photo d942789e-e877-4fa5-868d-15048ef6f06d_zps16c3f71d.jpg
  News
If you're having trouble logging in, clear any cookies related to saskmetal and try again!
Pages: [1]      Go Down
Print
Author Topic: July 10 - Saskatoon, Canada - Unholy Alliance Off-date show  (Read 10268 times)
dcloud
Saskmetal Member

« on: July 11, 2006, 01:00:09 AM »

Well, I just came back from the show here in Saskatoon. It was unbelievable!!! This was my first time seeing LoG.

Setlist ......

Ruin
Hourglass
Purified
What I've Become
Blood Junkie
11th Hour
Laid to Rest
As The Palaces Burn
Confessional
Now You've Got Something to Die For
The Faded Line
Subtle Arts of Murder and Persuasion
Vigil
Redneck
Black Label

I'm pretty sure thats it, the order might be a little off but its all there. Pretty sweet setlist!!!

Couple notes from the show....

- Children of Bodom was not on the bill as advertised. A lot of people were not happy.

-All the set lights went out near the end of Mastodon's set, but they kept on playing. Lights were out for a good few minutes, there was still power to the equipment and stuff, but all lights just went bleh.

- The crowd was hot....maybe too hot. Randy, John and Chris all noticed some stuff happening in the crowd up front all night. They did not seemed pleased with what they saw. Not sure what was going on.

-Some jackass tried to go up the stairs on the side of the stage and went for a stage dive. Randy saw him and just rocked him with a body check!! That was so awesome!!! The moron tried again about 20 seconds later and got through and basically landed on his head. Randy looked really pissed after that. After the song, Randy did not look happy and suggested us to stop body surfing since people were practically crashing head first into the floor. Not sure if thats what was displeasing the band.

Overall, An incredible show!! I am soo grateful I got to see my fav band, Lamb of God play live!!! Thine Eyes Bleed got us all jacked up, and Mastodon was just dead on all night. It was a really tight performance.

I am thankful for Lamb of God, Mastodon, and Thine Eyes Bleed for making a stop here in Saskatoon, especially during their off day from the Unholy Alliance tour. I really hope Lamb of God will come back here again. I wish I could apologize for a couple of bad eggs in the crowd, but what can you do? 

Once again, AWESOME SHOW!! I'm sorry if this went too long.

Guns don't kill people. Jack Bauer kills people.
The Prairie Prophet
I'm not a fan of all of it, but a lot of it
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2006, 11:13:24 AM »

twas too bad the cob didn't make it, i didn't really watch TEB, Mastodon was phenomenal, LOG was really good too.  I think I would have enjoyed them more on separate bills though.  Mastodon was about 8 million times as tight as LOG was, the tone was way clearer, I could hear everything.  I've never much cared for their vox, but the music was absolutely superb.  And when the lights went out and they kept on playin' that was pretty fuckin cool.

When god gives you lemons you FIND A NEW GOD!!!
The Prairie Prophet
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2006, 12:58:58 PM »

i'd have to say the coolest part of the night was when the lights went out and mastodon didn't skip a beat.  their shit has gotta be ridiculously tough to play in the best conditions.  incredible musicians.

Hellsey
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2006, 03:47:19 PM »

-Some jackass tried to go up the stairs on the side of the stage and went for a stage dive. Randy saw him and just rocked him with a body check!! That was so awesome!!! The moron tried again about 20 seconds later and got through and basically landed on his head. Randy looked really pissed after that. After the song, Randy did not look happy and suggested us to stop body surfing since people were practically crashing head first into the floor. Not sure if thats what was displeasing the band.

oh yeah, i saw that happening too.... and right after Randy threw his ass off the stage, he called the guy an asshole... i laughed.

i think chris had some concerns about something too... because before they played their new new song Red Neck he was talking to Randy about something

but i agree, was a great show, too bad there were some assholes there not respecting the security guards or the band.

p.s.  willie looks like dimebag when he plays, and mark looks like zakk wylde on stage

~HELLSEY~  I can't believe the mess I've made, tore open my soul, bore it all for NOTHING!  How long must I cry these mascara tears?  Solitude streams from my eyes.  Screams of sorrow sing from my lost hopes.  Who have I become?  Lost in a sea of despair.  This world leaves me empty, used, and broken.  I don't need this. I don't need anything.  I've forgotten my past, I refuse to live the present.  And the future is a lost cause.
This is my life, this is my world... this is my misery.
fearmachine
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2006, 04:23:42 PM »

Apparantly C.O.B. weren't even suppose to play.  Janne Warman said so on their message board.  That shitbag promoter used their name just to get more people to come to the show.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2006, 03:34:23 PM by fearmachine » Logged
The Corruptor
Looking in windows since 1986.
Saskmetal Member

I got a potty mouth

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2006, 09:21:59 AM »

i had my eyes closed during the time that the lights went out for mastodon's, i was having a spiritual experience i think, i opened them, it was dark, i closed them again because i don't believe i needed my eyes anyways, it was such a great experience. smiley

I wear the black for the poor and the beaten down,
Livin' in the hopeless, hungry side of town,
I wear it for the prisoner who has long paid for his crime,
But is there because he's a victim of the times.
- Johnny Cash
"I don't care if you're black, white, straight, bisexual, gay, lesbian, tall, short, rich or poor. If you're nice to me, I'll be nice to you. It's as simple as that"
All suffering comes from a person's inability to sit still and be alone. - Anthony de Mello
Twit - The Corruptor
FuK-Of-DeAth
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2006, 01:01:15 AM »

COB posted om BlabberMouth that they never even knew about the show in Saskatoon , so did the promoter just lie to sell more tickets or what .
fearmachine
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2006, 10:31:13 AM »

COB posted om BlabberMouth that they never even knew about the show in Saskatoon , so did the promoter just lie to sell more tickets or what .

I don't know if the promoter lied but it is false advertising.  I would like to organize some sort of class action lawsuit against the promoter (Roxy On Broadway).
The Prairie Prophet
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2006, 10:36:18 AM »

good luck with that.  they have their bases covered when they always put "lineup subject to change".

Cryptic Coronor
metal jester
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2006, 10:41:16 AM »

if it can be proven that COB was never supposed to be in the lineup though that loophole should not be something they should be able to use.

I broke a string!
The Prairie Prophet
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2006, 10:45:03 AM »

you could be right, but i won't believe that until i see the written law in front of me.

fearmachine
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2006, 04:37:37 PM »

I don't see anywhere that it says lineup subject to change.... especially in the advertising.... the advertising that persuaded me to purchase the ticket.  Either way... this is a new low for fuckstick at The Roxy
MisterDave
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2006, 06:50:22 PM »

ah man but i was hangin out with randy after the show and yeah he said he saw the guy " just crack his dumb ass head on the support beams (for the railing at the front of the stage) and i laughed my fuckin ass off in shock all at once" (word for word what he said) he was such a kick ass guy and man can the bass player smoke ALOTTA GRASS!!!
Cryptopchick
Great Superior Forum Master
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2006, 12:04:38 PM »

Mastodon was about 8 million times as tight as LOG was

That's because, Mastondon is 8 million times better than LOG.

Riding the Road of Excess, Straight to the Land of Sin....
Everything I say is awesome
I need a man to fix it.
Club can't even handle me right now

I've seen Anathema <3
buddy
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2009, 09:13:48 AM »

that show is one of my fav metal memories...when log played black label and willie came and stood in pit and played the final breakdown of the song...it was one of the coolest experiences i've had at a show
Cam
TPR 4 LIFE
Saskmetal Member

gonna bake a motherfucking pizza tonight

« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2009, 12:27:11 PM »

DOes anyone know the Mastodon setlist?Huh??

HxT
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2009, 12:44:12 PM »

MOD note: a lot of bullshit has been deleted. Who cares if this show was 3 years old, not everyone on this site has been here that long or longer and is more than welcome to comment
necrolobes
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2009, 04:04:12 PM »

aww but i was proving that i was internet tuff guiez
Pages: [1]      Go Up
Print
Saskmetal.com  |  Music  |  Reviews (Moderators: IAmGray, Mr. Metalguy, saskmetalmod, swamples)  |  Topic: July 10 - Saskatoon, Canada - Unholy Alliance Off-date show
Jump to: