SiteMap Into Eternity
  User
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 21, 2017, 06:12:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
  Search
  Stats
292543 Posts in 5678 Topics by 2173 Members
Latest Member: dpressure
  Upcoming Shows
 photo d942789e-e877-4fa5-868d-15048ef6f06d_zps16c3f71d.jpg
  News
If you're having trouble logging in, clear any cookies related to saskmetal and try again!
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9      Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Into Eternity  (Read 69827 times)
grim and nordic
Saskmetal Member

the afterlife means we reign as ghosts

« Reply #245 on: July 03, 2008, 10:36:03 PM »

necrolobes,
this vid: http://youtube.com/watch?v=u84jmue0x9I
made me laugh like a fucking bastard,
just randomly found it while looking up vocal videos,

found a link to it in the funny videos post but i figured i'd mention it

oh fucking LOL HAhAHAHA JESUS CHRIST I DIED WATCHING THIS HAHAHA
Franklin
Lusting to be bathed in the blood of the goat
Saskmetal Member

The Afterbirth of An Oriental Grunge fuck??

« Reply #246 on: July 04, 2008, 02:42:57 PM »

hahahahhahha holy fuck is that hilarious

HxT
« Reply #247 on: July 04, 2008, 03:12:51 PM »

that was gold
What Once Was
- Dažboh -
Saskmetal Member

...remains; the ghost of what once was...

« Reply #248 on: July 04, 2008, 03:29:16 PM »

dec. hahahahahaha....

Очищає ріки в море, але з його ніколи потоків; Козачий Лад його долі прагне, але ніколи не знає долі. Козачі паренек залишив його будинку, він залишив рідних і натурою, і синього моря плескіт води та піни, Саду думках порушити його розум.
                                                 -Taras Shevchenko

www.autaric.com
necrolobes
« Reply #249 on: December 31, 2008, 08:01:40 PM »

from teh blabbermouth

Founding guitarist/principal songwriter Tim Roth of Canadian extreme progressive metallers INTO ETERNITY has issued the following update:

"It was a great year of touring for us in 2008. The SYMPHONY X USA tour and Japan were the two high points for me. During the long drives we would crank SYMPHONY X's last album, 'Paradise Lost', and try to air guitar the licks and sing along to Russell's [Allen] smooth pipes.

"I was personally out of the touring game in mid-September because Cortney and I were expecting a baby. Music has always been number one in my life, but I had to stay home and support the family. On November 28, 2008 Lucca Jacob Yngwie Roth was born into our world at 9:36 a.m. Cortney picked his first name, so I got to pick his middle names. Jacob was my father and Yngwie is my all-time favourite guitar player. The choice of names was an easy one for me. Now all of my time has been dedicated to the family and it will be into the next year as well."

Here are some "cool albums" that Tim Roth has been digging in 2008:

01. YNGWIE MALMSTEEN - Perpetual Flame
02. GUNS N' ROSES - The Chinese Democracy
03. CYNIC - Traced In Air
04. OPETH - Watershed
05. DRAGONFORCE - Ultrabeatdown
06. TESTAMENT - Formation Of Damnation
07. METALLICA - Death Magnetic
08. WARREL DANE - Praises To The War Machine
09. TRIVIUM - Shogun
10. ZERO HOUR - Dark Deceiver
11. KATAKLYSM - Prevail
12. JUDAS PRIEST - Nostradamus
13. BUCKCHERRY - Black Butterfly

"Time Immemorial", the new video from INTO ETERNITY, can be viewed below. The track appears on the group's concept album, "The Incurable Tragedy", which sold 1,900 copies in the United States in its first week of release, according to Nielsen SoundScan. The clip, which features vocalist Stu Block in a prominent role, was filmed in Montreal in August, just before the group embarked on the Summer Slaughter Canada tour. That trek was followed by a run alongside the legendary ICED EARTH, which capped off a year that also saw the band tour with SYMPHONY X, AT THE GATES and THE DILLINGER ESCAPE PLAN, among others.

i would like to add , Tim your top 13 list kinda sucks Smiley
G-off
Revenge is a Vulture deceivers flesh ripped off his wretched bones
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #250 on: November 12, 2009, 04:29:41 AM »

greatest band. I love stu blocks vocals. He is my new bruce dickinson.

G-off
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #251 on: March 10, 2010, 10:03:58 AM »

Any news regarding new album? or shows or anything?

necrolobes
« Reply #252 on: May 30, 2010, 05:22:18 PM »

i stumbled upon this and found it funny

Into Eternity .... (The)Best thing to come out of Saskatchewan since flat.

That needs to go on a shirt

Bender
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #253 on: May 31, 2010, 10:20:54 AM »

LOL nice.

Mr. Metalguy

« Reply #254 on: May 31, 2010, 12:43:15 PM »

Do it. You have the merch store now. Get to work! Smiley

Saskmetal is a place of intelligent conversations

Cat.
I'm a kitty cat.
And I dance dance dance
And I dance dance dance.

I comport myself like an old-timey gentleman.
Bender
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #255 on: June 02, 2010, 12:59:29 AM »

Speaking of which... just got this!

G-off
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #256 on: June 02, 2010, 09:51:14 PM »

Thats not a band update. grr..

Jötunn
Declairing eternal lust and dedication to those enthroned in hell!
Saskmetal Member

!nataS evA

« Reply #257 on: June 03, 2010, 10:43:54 AM »

So who are these guys anyway?

The blood which taint my face - is the evidence of our inhumanity! Ligaments of guts around the canon,the proof of our dedication, our father purification process!!!!!

DOOM TILL DOOMZDAY!

Does your metal know what metal really means?
Mr. Metalguy

« Reply #258 on: June 03, 2010, 12:47:03 PM »

Nobody knows. And the band update is....

Oh, wait, I dunno. Read the internet there is one there.

And is the aforementioned shirt in said merch store?

Saskmetal is a place of intelligent conversations

Cat.
I'm a kitty cat.
And I dance dance dance
And I dance dance dance.

I comport myself like an old-timey gentleman.
Bender
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #259 on: June 03, 2010, 11:53:24 PM »

There's been a couple updates on the myspace and blabbermouth lately. Go search

necrolobes
« Reply #260 on: June 04, 2010, 12:09:43 AM »

pfft , its your band post a link you lazy fucker
G-off
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #261 on: June 04, 2010, 06:12:18 PM »

its in his sig, he doesn't need to. and last i checked i hadn't seen any but I'll go take a look! Talked to tim on facebook and got the DL too.

necrolobes
« Reply #262 on: June 05, 2010, 01:48:39 AM »

wow i wish he would talk to me irl . Justin Bieber is my fav ever
The Prairie Prophet
I'm not a fan of all of it, but a lot of it
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #263 on: June 05, 2010, 07:19:27 AM »

lolol

When god gives you lemons you FIND A NEW GOD!!!
derp
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #264 on: June 05, 2010, 08:57:36 PM »

*headdesk*
Jordan
Shredder of Gnar.
Saskmetal Member

Katy Perry has awesome boobs.

« Reply #265 on: June 06, 2010, 02:18:19 PM »

its in his sig, he doesn't need to. and last i checked i hadn't seen any but I'll go take a look! Talked to tim on facebook and got the DL too.
ZOMG , no wais, you talk to Tim!?

In L.A., nobody touches you. We're always behind this metal and glass. I think we miss that touch so much, that we crash into each other, just so we can feel something.

that's like getting a hologram of hitler to host your bar mitzvah
G-off
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #266 on: June 07, 2010, 04:53:51 PM »

uhhh... okay...

necrolobes
« Reply #267 on: June 16, 2010, 02:34:35 PM »

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=141652

Drummer Steve Bolognese of Canadian extreme progressive metallers INTO ETERNITY has issued the following update:

"It's a tremendous honor to be invited back to Berklee College Of Music's world percussion festival.

"This is my fourth year as a guest instructor.

"This is always a highlight for me.

"I love teaching and always have such a great time with the students.

"There are always amazing performers that come through the school during this week of intense percussion study, and that's a real treat for everyone involved.

"As far as INTO ETERNITY goes, we are currently finishing up writing the second song for our next record. I promise this to be the best INTO ETERNITY record yet."

In May 2010, INTO ETERNITY founding guitarist/principal songwriter Tim Roth stated about the band's forthcoming CD, "My original intention for the new [INTO ETERNITY] album was an all-heavy/fast album. However, we have just demoed a 6:07-minute acoustic track for Song 2. The song doesn't feel finished yet, but Stu [Block, vocals] and I are coming up with lyrics and cool melodies to sing over and then we'll have a better picture to where the song is headed."

"Time Immemorial", the latest video from INTO ETERNITY, can be viewed below. The track appears on the group's concept album, "The Incurable Tragedy", which sold 1,900 copies in the United States in its first week of release. The clip, which features vocalist Stu Block in a prominent role, was filmed in Montreal in August 2008, just before the group embarked on the Summer Slaughter Canada tour. That trek was followed by a run alongside the legendary ICED EARTH, which capped off a year that also saw the band tour with SYMPHONY X, AT THE GATES and THE DILLINGER ESCAPE PLAN, among others.
Bender
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #268 on: April 19, 2011, 09:32:15 AM »

Painkiller Live

What Once Was
- Dažboh -
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #269 on: April 19, 2011, 11:55:57 AM »

Awesome cover! Very much enjoyed that!

Очищає ріки в море, але з його ніколи потоків; Козачий Лад його долі прагне, але ніколи не знає долі. Козачі паренек залишив його будинку, він залишив рідних і натурою, і синього моря плескіт води та піни, Саду думках порушити його розум.
                                                 -Taras Shevchenko

www.autaric.com
The Prairie Prophet
I'm not a fan of all of it, but a lot of it
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #270 on: May 18, 2011, 09:49:30 AM »

Article in today's LP about Stu (i actually thought it was well written for a change) (also i can't post a link because it's not on the LP's site, just in the paper/digital edition):

Block in the big leagues

New gig is a ‘dream come true’

Into Eternity founder Tim Roth knew the risk when he hired Vancouver singer Stu Block seven years ago to lead his band.

Roth understood he wouldn’t be the only one to covet Block, known for his wide vocal range and ability to write and perform complicated metal melodies.

So when Block, who fronted Regina’s best known metal band during its most successful years, recently delivered the news that he’d accepted an offer to join American metal outfit Iced Earth, Roth wasn’t surprised.

“It’s kind of like going out with a supermodel. It’s great while it lasts. But in the end, you know it’s going to end badly,” Roth said.

“It was just a matter of time. Stu was going to get discovered sooner or later … But when I got Stu, it was like a godsend.”

For Block, the offer from one of metal’s most high-profile bands was too good to pass up, even though it meant disappointing his friends.

“It was difficult telling Tim. I can still remember that day. But he was amazing about it and I knew he would be,” said the 32-year-old Block. “But this is such an amazing opportunity. This really is a dream come true for me.”

Roth acknowledges Block’s decision is a blow to his band — plans for a new Into Eternity album and tour are now on the back burner. But he’s also pleased for his friend.

“We are all trying to live the same dream. Stu got called up to the big leagues … I’m really happy for him,” Roth said.

In the meantime, Into Eternity will continue as a part-time band. Block has committed to help record a new song, as well as to a few Into Eternity shows this spring. Roth said he hopes Into Eternity can ramp up whenever Iced Earth takes a break.

“We weren’t going out to conquer the world or anything, but I wanted to do some touring and write a new album,” Roth said.

“But now we’re going to take a step back and wait for Stu,” said Roth, adding he stays busy with his taxi business.

Roth concedes the timing of Block’s news wasn’t the greatest. Roth was ready with ambitious plans after a few years of taking care of personal issues. After the death of Roth’s father, the band toured without him and hired a guitarist while Roth took time away. The birth of Roth’s son Lucca caused a further delay, which prompted Century Media to drop Into Eternity from its roster.

Even though Roth had new plans for his band, it doesn’t make sense to hire a new singer because Block has been with the band for so long and contributed so much to the band’s evolution, he said.

“The endless travel, all the shows, all the countries. You just can’t erase that,” said Roth, who has received interest from singers eager to audition.

“If I wanted another singer, I could go out and do that pretty easily. But Stu has been in the band for seven years. He helped build the band with me.”

In the meantime, Block is busy working with members of his new band and helping write songs for a new Iced Earth album, which will be recorded after he officially joins the band later this year.

The Iced Earth vacancy came after singer Matt Barlow announced plans to step down in October. Iced Earth founder Jon Schaffer, who became a fan of Block’s singing during a tour a few years ago when Into Eternity played on the same bill, called Block this spring and invited him to his home in rural Indiana to work on a few songs.

Block accepted Schaffer’s offer to join the band a few days after that.

“I am proof that with perseverance, your dreams can come true,” said Block, adding that he has plans to quit his marketing job in Regina this fall before he joins Iced Earth.

“For a metal singer to be able to quit his day job and be able to sing in a band without having to worry about the money thing is a rare thing.”

Block said he was pleased Roth wanted him to remain a member of Into Eternity, even though he shares Roth’s frustration that Into Eternity never became more successful, despite its relentless touring and success in the metal community.

“We all hoped that Into Eternity would become the next big thing — but the music industry is so ass backwards right now. Nobody is sure whether to go right or go left,” Block said.

“But there comes a point when a musician wakes up and thinks, ‘What am I going to do about a pension plan?’ ”

Schaffer said Block’s voice and talents as a songwriter and performer, make him a perfect fit for Iced Earth.

“There’s no doubt Stu has an amazing vocal range and a lot of energy, but he also has the touring experience, which is a big plus for our plans of performing in all corners of the world,” Schaffer said in a statement.

“I felt a lot of chemistry between us. We knocked out a couple of great original pieces of music in no time,” Schaffer added.

Martin Popoff, a Toronto expert on heavy metal who has written more than two dozen books on the subject, said Block is joining an important band.

“For a guy to get called up to a band like Iced Earth is a big deal,” said Popoff, adding he’s been long aware of Into Eternity’s reputation as a band made up of nice guys from Regina who tour like crazy and make high-calibre metal.

Popoff said that Block’s reputation is well known in metal circles and knows that his talents will suit Iced Earth well, even though Barlow is a big name in metal.

“He has big shoes to fill because Matt Barlow has a pretty big following,” Popoff said. “He might have to put up with a few boos in the early going.

“Stu has the long hair, that heavy metal look and a pure metal voice. Iced Earth isn’t as popular in North America as it is in Europe where fans go nuts for them,” he said.

When god gives you lemons you FIND A NEW GOD!!!
Chad
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #271 on: May 18, 2011, 11:02:19 AM »

Good article.

Bender
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #272 on: June 14, 2011, 04:34:33 PM »

http://youtu.be/k3xzhNWnn9M

Studio update! Sorta... Well check it out anyway. More to come, now that we have a channel...

TLO
Creepin it real since 1984
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #273 on: June 14, 2011, 08:17:36 PM »

nice name drop you tool

and here I thought it was a Lord of the Rings quote.
Bower
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #274 on: June 14, 2011, 08:20:18 PM »

http://youtu.be/k3xzhNWnn9M

Studio update! Sorta... Well check it out anyway. More to come, now that we have a channel...

ho-ree shred!!!
G-off
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #275 on: June 14, 2011, 08:34:30 PM »

ho-ree shred!!!

yeah mang, that was the tits. Can't wait to hear some new stuff.

What Once Was
- Dažboh -
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #276 on: June 29, 2011, 02:57:42 PM »

Finally got around to checking out the Sandstorm teasers.

two words:
FUCKING SICK!!!!

I am so pumped for this next album. I am really digging the direction things are going so far from what I've heard.
Great work boys!! You've got me super anxious to hear more!!

-Taras Shevchenko

www.autaric.com
When Everything Becomes Nothing
For Every
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #277 on: June 30, 2011, 11:49:00 AM »

Finally got around to checking out the Sandstorm teasers.

two words:
FUCKING SICK!!!!

I am so pumped for this next album. I am really digging the direction things are going so far from what I've heard.
Great work boys!! You've got me super anxious to hear more!!
THIS

i dont know what its called, i just know the sound it makes when it takes a mans life.

Bender
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #278 on: July 17, 2011, 03:32:16 PM »

Sandstorm is up for streaming on Bravewords.com ! check it out!

Are we the first band to release the bonus version of a song before the album? heheh

TLO
Creepin it real since 1984
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #279 on: July 17, 2011, 03:33:54 PM »

definitely not the norm thats for sure haha

and here I thought it was a Lord of the Rings quote.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9      Go Up
Print
Saskmetal.com  |  Music  |  Saskatchewan Metal Bands (Moderators: Mr. Metalguy, saskmetalmod, swamples)  |  Topic: Into Eternity
Jump to: