SiteMap Triskaide
  User
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 24, 2018, 03:26:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
  Search
  Stats
292626 Posts in 5690 Topics by 2173 Members
Latest Member: dpressure
  News
If you're having trouble logging in, clear any cookies related to saskmetal and try again!
Pages: [1]      Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Triskaide  (Read 1729 times)
Triskaide
Saskmetal Member

« on: April 18, 2006, 10:56:03 PM »

History:
We're a recent band from Saskatoon who's beginning can be traced back to September of 2005.  It was then that I met our other guitarist, Jeff of Memorial fame, and started working on creating the crunching riffs and epic melody lines which would be the heart and soul of the band.  My long time friend Chad joined us shortly to provide us with growly, melodic vocals and screams of intense proportions.  It wouldn't be until January of 2006 when drummer extrordinaire Chris would forsake his punk rock ambitions and turn to the darkness of heavy metal.  The long, arduous search for a good bass player came to its end in February when Chris found Dean.  Now the search is on for stages from which to captivate the masses and rule the world through the power of the guitar.

-Peter ~\m/

We're looking to book some shows starting in May and hope to use this summer to get our music out there. 
Hey to Stillseed - you guys have been an awesome inspiration for both Chad and myself.  We'll share a stage before too long.
The Prairie Prophet
I'm not a fan of all of it, but a lot of it
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2006, 08:40:50 AM »

Thanks from Stillseed mang, if you guys want to do a show in stoon sometime, we'd love to come up.  We've only played there once and would like to get out more grin

what sort of sound do you guys have?

When god gives you lemons you FIND A NEW GOD!!!
Triskaide
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2006, 03:29:28 PM »

We'll let you know about booking a S'toon show.  That would be pretty awesome.  We'd like to make it a weekend date.  Let us know which ones would work for you.  We were also hoping we could play one with you guys at The Exchange in mid-late May.

As for our sound, you might call us Alt. Metal.  If you threw Alter Bridge, Killswitch Engage, Trivium, Shadows Fall, Metallica, Alice in Chains, Children of Bodom, SOAD and a bunch of other bands into a big blender you'd get a really messy blender.  Our sound takes something from each of them and mixes it all together.  I guess you'll have to come hear us to know for sure.   cool
Triskaide
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2006, 10:09:31 PM »

We just picked up a new bass player - Matt from England of all places.  He just moved to Saskatoon in January and is one hell of a bass player.  He's officially replaced Dean, but it's a change for the better. 

Someone else recently gave us a better clarification of our sound - more like Alterbridge/Soilwork/Early Alice in Chains with touches of heavier stuff thrown in.  We think it suits us better.  Grunge Metal.  Yeah.
Pages: [1]      Go Up
Print
Saskmetal.com  |  Music  |  Saskatchewan Metal Bands (Moderators: Mr. Metalguy, saskmetalmod, swamples)  |  Topic: Triskaide
Jump to: