SiteMap NEW TOOL
  User
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 18, 2017, 01:37:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
  Search
  Stats
292543 Posts in 5678 Topics by 2173 Members
Latest Member: dpressure
  Upcoming Shows
 photo d942789e-e877-4fa5-868d-15048ef6f06d_zps16c3f71d.jpg
  News
If you're having trouble logging in, clear any cookies related to saskmetal and try again!
Saskmetal.com  |  Music  |  Reviews (Moderators: IAmGray, Mr. Metalguy, saskmetalmod, swamples)  |  Topic: NEW TOOL
Pages: [1]      Go Down
Print
Author Topic: NEW TOOL  (Read 8541 times)
SPARKY
Saskmetal Member

my balls, your chin!

« on: April 18, 2006, 03:45:16 PM »

i know its like super horrible to do. but i ended up hearing one of the new tool songs!. one of my buddies downloaded it. and i didnt want to hear it, "i want to listen to the album all the way through if i am gonna hear it" i said. but it killed me inside for about 20 minuets and then i gave in. and ya i ended up having to go home and get new shorts. ya its tool alright in a beautiful evil way. cant wait to hear the album. has anyone else heard it yet?
Cryptopchick
Great Superior Forum Master
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2006, 04:21:25 PM »

Bought 10.000 days today. It's definetely TooL..which is a most excellent thing. I'm not entirely through it yet, I heard that they said this was going to be a heavier album, it's a lot like Lateralus in my opinion, but so far I've heard one song that takes me back to the Undertow days..which is right wicked.

Either way, TooL is TooL and I love 'em.

Riding the Road of Excess, Straight to the Land of Sin....
Everything I say is awesome
I need a man to fix it.
Club can't even handle me right now

I've seen Anathema <3
Gorax
Tithead
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2006, 05:31:47 PM »

Fantastic album. Easily Danny Carey's best performance to date.

SPARKY
Saskmetal Member

my balls, your chin!

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2006, 09:31:21 AM »

i think they named it that because that is how long it will be until the aliens come man!
right at the end of the album. ALIENs. they are speaking some crazy intergallactic language that will bring the aliens here to earth to shut down all electircity and good times!
wow that was a trippy listen on hash man!
Cryptopchick
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2006, 03:25:53 PM »

Well day two with the new cd is as good as everyday after with a Tool cd goes. My favourite song so far is 10,000 days. I love how many Tool songs build and take you great places for the entire journey...this is one of those songs.

Diggin' hard on this new album, but I never doubted that I would.

I need a man to fix it.

I've seen Anathema <3
Copper_Nocturne
Saskmetal Member

all or nothing

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2006, 02:19:18 PM »

this cd is sitting on my desk, i have not yet heard it, it stares at me through the funny bubbles glasses shaped thing on the cover, taunting me, im going to give this a good listenin when i have the time....

Behold the scalp-locks of your enemies hanging there on his lodge-poles!
pain of occupation
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2006, 01:00:55 PM »

Bought 10.000 days today. It's definetely TooL..which is a most excellent thing. I'm not entirely through it yet, I heard that they said this was going to be a heavier album, it's a lot like Lateralus in my opinion, but so far I've heard one song that takes me back to the Undertow days..which is right wicked.

Either way, TooL is TooL and I love 'em.

agreed that its not any heavier and that it sounds a lot like laterlus.
also agree that 10 000 dayz is the best song

but which song sounds like the undertow dayz? i dislike undertow...sounds like progressive grunge..the band didnt hit their stride until aenima, but even opiate is better than undertow.

ive seen anathema            (on youtube)
Cryptopchick
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2006, 04:09:55 PM »

Undertow had some hits.

I need a man to fix it.

I've seen Anathema <3
Cryptopchick
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2006, 04:15:06 PM »

It was Jambi that reminds me of Undertow.

I need a man to fix it.

I've seen Anathema <3
pain of occupation
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2006, 11:22:12 AM »

damn, jambi's another fine tune...something about those vox.

i'm gonna listen to undertow today, see if my views of 3 years ago still hold true...i havent heard the album in forever.

hey, is it just me, or does roseta stoned sound like a medley of past tool tunes? sometimes just taking 5/4 riffs from the past and changing them to 4...i dont know, the song hints a lot at lateralus and one guitar part seems to be taken from aenima, though im drawing a blank on song titles.

someone tell me i'm on crack.

ive seen anathema            (on youtube)
Copper_Nocturne
Saskmetal Member

all or nothing

« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2006, 10:21:21 PM »

i like this album...

Behold the scalp-locks of your enemies hanging there on his lodge-poles!
FirePixie
The Queen Of The Parasites
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2006, 06:52:02 PM »

Amazing album. I picked it up yesterday.

Apparently during recording Danny Carey didn't use a click track which is incredible!

And how about the album cover? Looking at the images through the goggles is kind of like tripping on acid.
Daltron
Saskmetal Member

Stating the obvious, since 1988.

« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2006, 06:06:17 PM »

So I found this on another message board.

Combining 'Viginti Tres' & 'Wings For Marie' onto 1 track that's played simultaneously with '10,000 Days' creates a whole new wall of sound that synchs up exactly at 9:14 for the remainder of the song.

SUPPORTING DETAILS:

1st off, you can download a mixed version & listen for yourself here (please note that I didn't post the .mp3, someone else did. the latter part is off by a split second, but you'll still get the gist, remember, 9:14 is when it gets synched): http://www.savefile.com/files/6920219

The 3 songs combined are:

Track #3 - Wings for Marie (pt 1) 6:11
Track #4 - 10,000 Days (Wings pt 2) 11:13
Track #11 - Viginti Tres 5:02

The duration of the last track is 5:02. The duration for track #3 'Wings For Marie" is 6:11. If you add those times 2gether, it equals 11:13, the exact duration of Track #4 "10,000 Days". If you do it well, the final strophe of the both parts of Wings (Daylight dims leaving cold fluorescence. / Difficult to see you in this light.) should sound at the same time.

Note the numbers used in the 3 song time lengths above - 11, 13, 5, 6, & 2. 11:13 is the total running time of '10,000 Days', and the U.S. release date was 5/2/6

THE DEAL w/ '23'

23 is the number for synchronicity (see Wikepedia 23(numerology) & synchronicity). It is also the title of the last track (in Latin) 'Viginti Tres'
23 pops up alot on this album. In no particular order of importance:

In the remix of all 3 songs playing, at exactly 9:14 (9+14=23) Wings pts 1 & 2 synch up for the remainder of the song (which, oddly enough, on the mixed .mp3 I found, the total synch time plays for 2 minutes & 3 seconds, aka 23)

There are 11 tracks on the album. The hidden mixed song would be track 12. 11+12=23.

The hidden song is '2' tracks playing simultaneous created from '3' songs. 23.

The last track could also be written as "11. 23". This could also possibly represent the beginning of a Fibonacci sequence, 1,1,2,3

BLAIR's RECENT NEWS POSTINGS

Blair's last 4 updates before the 'Rosetta Stone' rant all have the same time labeled as 2:05. Break it down like this
2=1+1, or 11
5=2+3, or 23.

Blair's 'Rosetta Stone' rant has a post time of 11:05. Again, 5=2+3, 23. 11 & 23. The last track is 11. 'Viginti Tres' (aka 23)

On 5/5, the original puzzle posting from Blair stated the clocks as being '11:07, or 1:17' For the hidden song, it's a combo of song #'s 3,4 & 11. Songs 3 & 4 are techincally one song called 'Wings For Marie', so 3+4=7. 7 and 11.

THE BAND & CD PHOTOS

****This by far is the one section that's open to many a theory. Here's my take on the significance of the pics.******

Everyone's focusing on the objects IN the photos, not what the pictures ARE.

They are 2 separate pics, slightly different that combine to form one 3-D-like image.

The Mixed/Hidden song is 2 separate tracks, slightly different, that combine to form a 3-D-song.

2 images are needed for the 3-D illusion, one for your left eye and one for your right eye. 2 tracks to make the 3-D illusion, one for the left ear, and one for the right.

The album cover looks like 3 heads that combine to 1. You're combining 3 songs to make 1.

So, what about the stuff that IS IN the pictures??

Well, if we're looking for clues, then you could subscribe to the '11/13' candle theory proposed in Justin's pic (remember the length of the song is 11:13).

Or the supposed '23' in the flowers in Danny's photo.

Or did you notice that in Maynard's pic there's '2' phones, and '3' glasses that have wine poured into them. 23.

Or that in Adam's pic, there are '2' lights on the wall and the skeleton appears to be holding up '3' fingers? 23.

But the real kicker regarding the band photos?? The presence of '11' in all the band pics, in the exact same place.

Adam - 11 beakers on the table, lower right of pic.

Maynard - 11 on the clock, lower right of pic.

Justin - 11 candles, on the (yep!) lower right of pic.

Danny - The stems of the flowers appear to make an '11', right side of pic.
trippy.

This fake punk movement is bullshit, but theres money to be maaaade, so lets milk it!
Cryptopchick
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2006, 10:49:49 AM »

Holy fuck, the guy that figured that out is fuckin' smart.

A lot of time of their hands, but smarter than hell.

Somebody else line up the songs and somehow post it....sounds time consuming....hahah

I need a man to fix it.

I've seen Anathema <3
AlexC
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2006, 02:43:32 PM »

Also, 2/3 = 0.666

Master0vDisharmony
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2006, 11:53:35 PM »

I downloaded the mixed track of thos tree songs, And i must say, its damn near amazing. the sheer level at which all 3 songs line is really complex. really sweet listen.
Pages: [1]      Go Up
Print
Saskmetal.com  |  Music  |  Reviews (Moderators: IAmGray, Mr. Metalguy, saskmetalmod, swamples)  |  Topic: NEW TOOL
Jump to: