SiteMap Walker's Local Talent Showcase (Bands Needed)
  User
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 15, 2017, 07:17:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
  Search
  Stats
292557 Posts in 5679 Topics by 2173 Members
Latest Member: dpressure
  News
If you're having trouble logging in, clear any cookies related to saskmetal and try again!
Pages: [1]      Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Walker's Local Talent Showcase (Bands Needed)  (Read 1862 times)
ackbar
Saskmetal Member

« on: February 05, 2006, 01:58:50 PM »

Hey, I posted this at threeohsix.org, but I thought I'd spread the word.

Every Thrusday at Walker's (save the last Thursday of the month) we're running a sort of open stage, but not like a weak, play your acoustic guitar for 20 mins and leave kinda thing (not that I don't love acoustic guitars, but there's like a million open stages for that). Instead we are running this more of a showcase stage, functioning somewhat like a real show. Here is the catch. Your band plays for free. In this sense it resembles an open stage. But the rewards are all your friends can come drink cheap booze for no cover and listen to you belt out around an hour's worth of material. Not only that but if you put on a great show and draw/entertain a crowd we will be taking you into great consideration for booking weekend shows. We're taking any genre really, we're just hoping to get new bands out who maybe don't have a place to play, or don't have their demo together yet, or whatever. So yeah, we're starting as soon as bands sign up and I'll advertise the lineups on here. We may do a very small amount of postering, but we'll see how things are going for the first few weeks.

To sign up your band for an hour (give or take) of stage time, email Jason at quickbeats@gmail.com. If you can please/draw a crowd we will be taking your band into great consideration for booking weekend shows. I will also be hauling my computer down and be doing audio recordings of your set upon request. If you bring a CD I can burn you the set at the show.

This is however a 19+ event, so keep that in mind.

This Thursday, the 9th, so far has harsh crust duo Anarchy Flower booked to do a set.  We'll hopefully have room for 2 or 3 more acts.  Sign-up soon, or just come down and check it out.
bob endo
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2006, 02:28:47 PM »

Walkers is in Saskatoon, right ?
ackbar
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2006, 04:50:16 PM »

Yeah, sorry.  It's on 3rd ave. like 4 doors down from the bassment if people dn't know where it is.  www.walkersnightclu b.com
Your Deathmatch God
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2006, 05:24:35 PM »

Walker's kicks some serious ass.  Just like how we wrestle there every 2nd/4th Tuesday of the month.  Oh, how I miss wrestling on Thursdays @ Walker's....it was much better......
Pages: [1]      Go Up
Print
Saskmetal.com  |  Music  |  Saskatchewan Metal Bands (Moderators: Mr. Metalguy, saskmetalmod, swamples)  |  Topic: Walker's Local Talent Showcase (Bands Needed)
Jump to: