SiteMap Looking for Clean/Growling Vocalist for Melodic Death Metal in Saskatoon
  User
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 22, 2017, 05:16:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
  Search
  Stats
292543 Posts in 5678 Topics by 2173 Members
Latest Member: dpressure
  Upcoming Shows
 photo d942789e-e877-4fa5-868d-15048ef6f06d_zps16c3f71d.jpg
  News
If you're having trouble logging in, clear any cookies related to saskmetal and try again!
Pages: [1]      Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Looking for Clean/Growling Vocalist for Melodic Death Metal in Saskatoon  (Read 1740 times)
JQLS
Saskmetal Member

jaykwulz

« on: July 13, 2012, 07:04:52 PM »

As the title says, I (we) are looking for a vocalist in Saskatoon! Ideally we'd like to have someone that could do both clean vocals AND growls although my style of writing takes into account the fact that I may not be able to find a proficient clean vocalist. Scar Symmetry's song Morphogenesis would be a good place to check for what kind of vocals I'm interested in but as far as growls go anything similar to the following list of our influences (and also my writing style) would be acceptable: Kalmah, (old) In Flames, Ensiferum (sans flutes and such), and Iron Maiden (if you can imagine what that would sound like... haha). To make it short it's Melodic Death Metal. It's quite possible my leads are a little difficult to put clean vocals over but that's up to the vocalist (since I can't sing worth shit I know very little about that sort of thing). We are a fun group, pretty relaxed, but like to get shit done in the meantime. We are currently working on originals (I have several I am putting together as scratch tracks on garageband) but plan on also doing a couple covers. So far our covers list includes some Ensiferum, Kalmah, In Flames ... no kidding hey? ... Death, Metallica, and Iron Maiden. As for ages we are mostly low 20's (21-24) but my other lead guitarist is 16. Why, you may ask? Because he's that good.

If you have any questions feel free to PM or text me at 716-6585.

Enemies of metal, your death is our reward!
JQLS
Saskmetal Member

jaykwulz

« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2012, 10:00:25 PM »

Oh and if you are interested in hearing my style of writing I have 2 short tracks I've recorded the guitar parts for which should give you a better idea of style. PM me if interested.

The Prairie Prophet
I'm not a fan of all of it, but a lot of it
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2012, 02:54:30 PM »

If this project develops as you bill it I will buy tickets to your show.

When god gives you lemons you FIND A NEW GOD!!!
G-off
Revenge is a Vulture deceivers flesh ripped off his wretched bones
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2012, 11:25:01 AM »

This guy is srsly good at teh guitars as well. And I can say this... There will be sweeps and harmonized leads aplenty. And I srsly wouldn't put harmonized sweeps past this guy either. Bahaha.

JQLS
Saskmetal Member

jaykwulz

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2012, 04:42:45 PM »

Thanks for the support guys! I hope I can live up to your expectations Tongue

Now that I have a guitarist that can sweep really well my goal of live harmonized sweeps is in reach! So far I've just recorded myself doing both parts, but unfortunately I am not intense enough to do them alone simultaneously :/

Pages: [1]      Go Up
Print
Saskmetal.com  |  Music  |  Musicians Seeking Musicians (Moderators: zandra, Mr. Metalguy, saskmetalmod)  |  Topic: Looking for Clean/Growling Vocalist for Melodic Death Metal in Saskatoon
Jump to: