SiteMap R. I. P. Rob Doherty
  User
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 20, 2017, 07:38:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
  Search
  Stats
292543 Posts in 5678 Topics by 2173 Members
Latest Member: dpressure
  Upcoming Shows
 photo d942789e-e877-4fa5-868d-15048ef6f06d_zps16c3f71d.jpg
  News
If you're having trouble logging in, clear any cookies related to saskmetal and try again!
Pages: 1 [2]      Go Down
Print
Author Topic: R. I. P. Rob Doherty  (Read 11331 times)
Cryptopchick
Great Superior Forum Master

« Reply #35 on: May 10, 2012, 07:45:09 PM »

It's going to be May 25th, I'll text you more info

Riding the Road of Excess, Straight to the Land of Sin....
Everything I say is awesome
I need a man to fix it.
Club can't even handle me right now

I've seen Anathema <3
zandra
Administrator

« Reply #36 on: May 10, 2012, 08:50:40 PM »

There will be a celebration of Rob's life and music on Friday, May 25th in Regina at the Conexus Arts Centre (Centre of the Arts) lower level. More info to follow.

Cheers and Fuck!!!

Support the scene...buy a tshirt, buy a cd, BUY A TICKET and attend a show!

ADVANCE TICKETS available at VINTAGE VINYL, MADAME YES, ZEUS and online!
ლ(ಠ_ಠ ლ)
Master Of The Universe
Saskmetal Member

Landry, The Shwag Daggler

« Reply #37 on: May 11, 2012, 08:39:48 AM »

SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIIT I will be away for this (Maryland Deathfest)..... Looks like i need to hit up Oak Lake in the future and pay my dues then..... Sad

TLO
Creepin it real since 1984
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #38 on: May 11, 2012, 05:55:44 PM »

It's goin

g to be May 25th, I'll text you more info

Thanks

and here I thought it was a Lord of the Rings quote.
RNRPUMPKHIN!
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #39 on: May 12, 2012, 03:35:14 PM »

Sorry about losing your friend.  He seems to be a big part of the metal community.  I'd only met Rob a couple times.  Once Pericardium was practicing in a basement, and it was louder than bombs. This musta been around 95.

Me, n' Danny went upstairs and played with this little toy record player, and a k-tel break dancing compilation record from the 80's.  Dan was pretty big to be break dancing, and I just sucked to much to be any good at it.

Dan was bitching about their Anthems of Anger tape not coming out yet.  Apparenty it must have seen the light of day at some point.

I know I'd hung out with Rob at some shows around the city around this time.  And again, I'm sorry about losing your friend.
fuck
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #40 on: May 14, 2012, 11:52:23 AM »

man, I've been listening to Pericardium, Buried in Oblivion, Digital Doomzday, and Final Darkness all week. Tears would come out every now and then going through the memories. Why he left us too soon we'll never really know, but I would like to think of how he lived. He was such a good musician. I love Sandi's story of Steph and I at a Pericardium where she observed Steph and I just spontaneously turning to each other and high fiving.

I wish I had a tape deck so I could listen to the Metalist cassette tape.

A part of me would llike to think that he's somewhere hanging out with Danny and Dave. Rest in peace my friend.

Cryptopchick

« Reply #41 on: May 15, 2012, 10:55:58 PM »

That high-five had to be epic lol

I need a man to fix it.

I've seen Anathema <3
zandra
Administrator

« Reply #42 on: May 15, 2012, 11:25:28 PM »

That high-five was epic!

You two looked like you were so proud and happy to witness that show and the perfect high five followed!

Cheers and Fuck!!!

Support the scene...buy a tshirt, buy a cd, BUY A TICKET and attend a show!

ADVANCE TICKETS available at VINTAGE VINYL, MADAME YES, ZEUS and online!
GnomeBeard
You can find work and sort your life out anytime. The pub closes in five hours.
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #43 on: May 16, 2012, 04:32:40 PM »

Thanks for sharing that, awesome and no doubt an epic high-five.

Saskatchewan Beard & Moustache Club

https://www.facebook.com/saskbeardclub
Jim
Got nuggs?
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #44 on: May 21, 2012, 05:40:38 PM »

Like many others Rob and his music inspired me to practice harder.  Pericardium was also my first real metal gig I saw.  It was at the student union and there was about 10 people there.  I had never witnessed such musicianship before and was blown away.  Rob was always eager to talk to his fans - which I was at the time.  Troy started jamming with Pericardium shortly after that and invited me to come check out some jams.  I thought that was so fucken cool of them to just let me chill on the stairs of Robs place on 5th and cameron (I think it was) while they rocked out.

Rob n crew would show up to school (Johnson - Troy was in grade 11 when he joined them) and they would 'kidnap' Troy to go jam.  I remember standing outside at the smoking steps and Rob n crew would show up and Troy would be all 'FUCK I'M GONNA GET SUSPENDED IF I SKIP ANOTHER CLASS' and ol Doherty pretty much didn't leave Troy a choice haha.  They snagged him pretty much against his will.  Rob and Lawrence were intimidating bastards back then haha.

I started to hang out at parties that Rob was at and he was always happy to see fans and would take time out to talk to me about his music and see how I was doing.  Conversations were never long cause I really looked up to him as a musician - it would be like someone meeting someone they have admired and listen to for a while - what the hell do you say to them??

After a while Rob was someone I could easily talk to.  Then he moved to Calgary and I didn't see much of him for years until he joined IE.  I was almost intimidated to be jamming with someone I had looked up to for so long but it was great to be doing so.

I remember Roman let us jam in his basement for a bit during a transition of jam spaces.  That's where we wrote 3 dimensional aperture and now that I reflect on those jams I remember how good it felt to get that one under our belts.  It's still my fav song off BIO.

He had a solid dirty humour that was right up my alley.  He'd crack solid jokes all the time.  One of my favs that I still use to this day is 'I got a hot one brewin in the chamber'.  Also 'dry docking' - some of those european toilets you'd shit direct on to the porcelain then a pressure sprayer would shoot it down the shit pipe.  Whilst nugging on to the porcelain he called it 'dry docking' as the poo never touched the water haha.

Now thinking about it Derek Petrovich was around for all the Calgary gigs and then some.  He was going off about 'respecting the mountains' as they kept him warm and you also 'never waste a boner'.  This led in to pretending we were Derek deep in the moment 'I ain't gonna lie Doherty - I'm gonna do it - I'm gonna fucken cum all over your face Doherty - HERE COMES THE GOO DOHERTY!!!'  Rob would turn red hahaha - he was never in to the gay and didn't know how to react to it sometimes.  'YOU GUYS ARE FUCKED' was about all he could muster out of that haha.

He was a pro console hockey player - loved his NHL.  Also had a solid collection of metal shit from records to shirts to whatever odd collectible he could get his hands on.  He loved his music - was a dedicated player.  There was always a cold beer in his fridge with your name on it and he always wanted company to share that with him.

I went over to his place in December right before his Final Darkness record dropped.  We reminisced for a few hours of the good times - and he once again let me know the door was always open and wanted me to come chug brew and just chill and do some jammin for fun.  I ended up working on my basement shortly after that and didn't finish it until the end of April.  I busted my balls every night and weekend doing that shit putting everything on hold to get it done.  I wish I would have taken him up on that offer as chuggin beers with Rob and jamming shit out was always good times.  RIP to one hell of a musician.
Jordan
Shredder of Gnar.
Saskmetal Member

Katy Perry has awesome boobs.

« Reply #45 on: May 21, 2012, 06:03:42 PM »

Like many others Rob and his music inspired me to practice harder.  Pericardium was also my first real metal gig I saw.  It was at the student union and there was about 10 people there.  I had never witnessed such musicianship before and was blown away.  Rob was always eager to talk to his fans - which I was at the time.  Troy started jamming with Pericardium shortly after that and invited me to come check out some jams.  I thought that was so fucken cool of them to just let me chill on the stairs of Robs place on 5th and cameron (I think it was) while they rocked out.

Rob n crew would show up to school (Johnson - Troy was in grade 11 when he joined them) and they would 'kidnap' Troy to go jam.  I remember standing outside at the smoking steps and Rob n crew would show up and Troy would be all 'FUCK I'M GONNA GET SUSPENDED IF I SKIP ANOTHER CLASS' and ol Doherty pretty much didn't leave Troy a choice haha.  They snagged him pretty much against his will.  Rob and Lawrence were intimidating bastards back then haha.

I started to hang out at parties that Rob was at and he was always happy to see fans and would take time out to talk to me about his music and see how I was doing.  Conversations were never long cause I really looked up to him as a musician - it would be like someone meeting someone they have admired and listen to for a while - what the hell do you say to them??

After a while Rob was someone I could easily talk to.  Then he moved to Calgary and I didn't see much of him for years until he joined IE.  I was almost intimidated to be jamming with someone I had looked up to for so long but it was great to be doing so.

I remember Roman let us jam in his basement for a bit during a transition of jam spaces.  That's where we wrote 3 dimensional aperture and now that I reflect on those jams I remember how good it felt to get that one under our belts.  It's still my fav song off BIO.

He had a solid dirty humour that was right up my alley.  He'd crack solid jokes all the time.  One of my favs that I still use to this day is 'I got a hot one brewin in the chamber'.  Also 'dry docking' - some of those european toilets you'd shit direct on to the porcelain then a pressure sprayer would shoot it down the shit pipe.  Whilst nugging on to the porcelain he called it 'dry docking' as the poo never touched the water haha.

Now thinking about it Derek Petrovich was around for all the Calgary gigs and then some.  He was going off about 'respecting the mountains' as they kept him warm and you also 'never waste a boner'.  This led in to pretending we were Derek deep in the moment 'I ain't gonna lie Doherty - I'm gonna do it - I'm gonna fucken cum all over your face Doherty - HERE COMES THE GOO DOHERTY!!!'  Rob would turn red hahaha - he was never in to the gay and didn't know how to react to it sometimes.  'YOU GUYS ARE FUCKED' was about all he could muster out of that haha.

He was a pro console hockey player - loved his NHL.  Also had a solid collection of metal shit from records to shirts to whatever odd collectible he could get his hands on.  He loved his music - was a dedicated player.  There was always a cold beer in his fridge with your name on it and he always wanted company to share that with him.

I went over to his place in December right before his Final Darkness record dropped.  We reminisced for a few hours of the good times - and he once again let me know the door was always open and wanted me to come chug brew and just chill and do some jammin for fun.  I ended up working on my basement shortly after that and didn't finish it until the end of April.  I busted my balls every night and weekend doing that shit putting everything on hold to get it done.  I wish I would have taken him up on that offer as chuggin beers with Rob and jamming shit out was always good times.  RIP to one hell of a musician.
Solid post dude, gave me goosebumps.

In L.A., nobody touches you. We're always behind this metal and glass. I think we miss that touch so much, that we crash into each other, just so we can feel something.

that's like getting a hologram of hitler to host your bar mitzvah
Cryptopchick

« Reply #46 on: May 23, 2012, 05:03:56 AM »

Great post.

"Respect the mountains" gave me a good belly laugh.

I need a man to fix it.

I've seen Anathema <3
GnomeBeard
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #47 on: May 23, 2012, 10:13:49 AM »

Awesome post Jim.

Master0vDisharmony
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #48 on: May 26, 2012, 12:07:03 PM »

The memorial was pretty amazing, super classy and seeing everyone there was great. I kept saying it but it felt like being at a show circa 2003-4 again, which is a good thing.

The accoustic song that rob recorded was amazing, really kinda made the realization hit home for me while listening to that.

And the song the one woman sang was just chilling.

I have mixed feelings saying it was a good night due to the reason we were all there. But I think it was a heartwarming expression of just how much he meant to everyone there. He touched a lot of lives during his time here. And I sure know he was an inspiration to me and others as we first entered a life of music.

RIP Rob I will always remember the leather pants.

That there is nothing in between
Cryptopchick

« Reply #49 on: May 26, 2012, 02:37:44 PM »

Yeah it was a beautiful evening. He would love it...correction, he was there and he did love it.

His acoustic song got my waterworks flowing. It was a hard night...so many people loved and admired you, Rob.

I need a man to fix it.

I've seen Anathema <3
Cryptopchick

« Reply #50 on: May 27, 2012, 03:48:12 PM »

Last night was also awesome. For anyone who didn't show up for part II of the memorial...you missed special performances! Including Plagued Inferno and Into Eternity!

I need a man to fix it.

I've seen Anathema <3
Jim
Got nuggs?
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #51 on: May 28, 2012, 07:51:49 AM »

I dunno if you remember but Itchy Stitches also performed!  And there was vomit that I almost slipped on in the mens washroom.  Was a banana peel moment and I'm glad I recovered from that slippage haha.  It was rough making it through that piss cause man that was wrank. 
TLO
Creepin it real since 1984
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #52 on: May 28, 2012, 09:30:00 AM »

that would have been hilarious

and here I thought it was a Lord of the Rings quote.
GnomeBeard
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #53 on: May 28, 2012, 01:03:36 PM »

Taken from my facebook status today...

Last Friday night was a real nice event for the memory of Rob.  There's no doubt we never want to have to gather in great a number for such circumstance, but yeah, a really nice night and it was great to see so many people there.  Too bad I did not make it to the Distrikt the following evening, sounded like a real good Part II to the celebration of Rob's life and music.  Let the music and the memories live on.

BlowTorch
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #54 on: May 29, 2012, 02:03:37 PM »

Thank You to Everyone who came on May 25th to celebrate the Life and Music of my dear friend Rob Doherty and to all those who wanted to come but were there in thier hearts.Rob was a man of Respect and Loyalty and you ALL came thru for him big time.I know he was there with us all that night.It was very special for Rob and also for Krista Solheim ,Eric Lecaine and myself.Thanks so much to everyone a...t Conexus for everything and esp to Michael Wilson for all his help. Bob Endo you could not of done better for Rob,he was proud of you,Thank You. Thanks so much to The Balogh and Hurley families for all the Love and hard work they did, Rob loved you all and considered you his family as do I. And of course the Women who keeps the Metal flowing in Saskatchewan Zandra Ks, be very proud of yourself because everyone else the the Metal scene sure the hell is!
Thanks so much Tara Dawn Solheim for her lovely poem and for all your kind words. And of course to Rob's Metal Brothers and fellow Soldiers of Metal INTO ETERNITY, Tim Roth Justin Bender Troy Bleich & Stu Block,You guys did the best thing you could do for Rob,You honered him with Music, Music that was special to him and Music that he loved.You guys will always be my brothers, I love you all.
Im at peace to know in my heart that you all will always remember Rob for how he lived and loved and I'm so Happy that May 25th left as big of an impact on everyone as it did.Thats what Rob wanted. Thank You from the bottom of my heart for making my best friends night so special. I love you all and so does Rob.
sincerely
Derek Petrovitch

We Spit on those who choose to pose...
...We Thrash with all the rest!
Pages: 1 [2]      Go Up
Print
Saskmetal.com  |  Music  |  Metal Chat (Moderators: Cryptopchick, Mr. Metalguy, saskmetalmod, swamples)  |  Topic: R. I. P. Rob Doherty
Jump to: