SiteMap Cubase LE5 or Protools
  User
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 20, 2017, 08:27:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length
  Search
  Stats
292543 Posts in 5678 Topics by 2173 Members
Latest Member: dpressure
  Upcoming Shows
 photo d942789e-e877-4fa5-868d-15048ef6f06d_zps16c3f71d.jpg
  News
If you're having trouble logging in, clear any cookies related to saskmetal and try again!
Pages: [1]      Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Cubase LE5 or Protools  (Read 1885 times)
stonethrower
Saskmetal Member

« on: February 23, 2012, 06:27:17 PM »

Ok, OK..I know the Industry standard is Protools....What I want to know is.....How many of you made albums with Cubase Le5 and noticed about the quality?

I am looking at investing in an 8-mic Interface with Cubase LE5 for doing an actual 9 song album...I would like input on what you think of Cubase Le5 if you have used it and how it compared to Protools..

thoughts, Huh

Whatever the fuck I call myself these days
\(_o)/
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2012, 01:59:24 PM »

There is absolutely no sound quality difference between different DAW programs. The only difference is in what processing and routing options they offer. I'm using Cubase just cause that's what I started with and that's what I'm used to. The cool thing about Cubase is that it has automatic delay compensation, so you don't have to remember to manually compensate for any delay introduced by various plugins like you do in PT. Protools does has some really cool features too, but they both have their pros and cons. Just pick one of em and learn how to use it.
Mike Mueller
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2012, 12:09:00 AM »

Take a look at using Reaper as well, another one to consider.

www.reaper.fm

Can download a full trial (that doesn't "expire") or you can buy a full home license for I think $60 (no difference in product from home and pro license).
Jim
Got nuggs?
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2012, 12:10:18 AM »

I don't have delay problems in Pro Tools.  Waves plug ins force me to up the deal from 256k to 1024k (can't remember the name of that thing right now) but when recording I just remove the plug in and there is no more delay when setting it back down to 256k.
Whatever the fuck I call myself these days
\(_o)/
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2012, 11:31:42 AM »

I'm not talking about sample rate and latency, I'm talking about different tracks being delayed by different amounts, like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyTmExzNed0

That said, I think this is only an issue with older versions of protools. Pretty sure PT10 has automatic delay compensation too.
Potion
Killsey
Saskmetal Member

Never trust a smiling cat.

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2012, 04:46:18 PM »

REAPER is the fucking BOSS OF INEXPENSIVE!!! (and it DOES make for a small download Wink )

CUBASE is the shit
Protools is "the standard"

Both are high end with plugins and all that jazz... and it comes down to what you you like.... your gonna get the same results if you have the same gear... its how you know the software that makes the difference.. Rewiring with other software (example: reason with cubase) is the same way... it works better with one or the other...

TL/DR shits fucked with both and sometimes one works better with plugins then the other... hit and miss... but both rule... YA DIG

SO LEARN ONE AND GO!! hit up youtube for free lessons ... I had a buddy (noob) who mastered REASON and CUBASE in one day thanks to shitty youtube tutorials...

Good luck

Pages: [1]      Go Up
Print
Saskmetal.com  |  Music  |  Musicians Corner (Moderators: Mr. Metalguy, saskmetalmod)  |  Topic: Cubase LE5 or Protools
Jump to: