SiteMap The Antique Carnival - "Avant-garde Metal"
  User
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 24, 2018, 04:05:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
  Search
  Stats
292626 Posts in 5690 Topics by 2173 Members
Latest Member: dpressure
  News
If you're having trouble logging in, clear any cookies related to saskmetal and try again!
Pages: [1]      Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Antique Carnival - "Avant-garde Metal"  (Read 1414 times)
GnomeBeard
You can find work and sort your life out anytime. The pub closes in five hours.
Saskmetal Member

« on: January 16, 2011, 06:45:11 PM »

www.myspace.com/theantiquecarnival

Updated Biography & News - Jan 16th, 2011

"The Antique Carnival" is an Avant-garde Metal project that was created in 2009 by guitarist/composer Denys Lemire who remains the sole member of the project. After completion of a song in 2009 titled "Room Six One Three..." (the only song that represents the project currently) Denys decided for The Antique Carnival to go dormant and for the most part it has remained inactive ever since. In 2010 the drums were re-done for the song "Room Six One Three..." and this final version of the demo track was put up on the myspace page on January 16th, 2011.

Despite the project only being active for such a short time it certainly does not mean the end for The Antique Carnival. It has been over a year since the decision to shut down the writing process but Denys finally feels that this creative journey should start up again. There are no plans set in place yet but new writing sessions could begin in mid to late 2011.

"I consider the song 'Room Six One Three...' as a distinct story of its very own. I feel that it was meant to be the only song written at that time for this project, and when I do start writing again I will not look at the new ideas as a continuation. It certainly does not mean that there won't be similarities between the new and old sound, but you can expect there to be a much larger focus on experimental diversity in the new ideas that I have. Also I don't plan to stop with just one or two songs this time, the new goal for the project is a debut album consisting of all new material. There won't be any further word on the new material until the actual writing process begins, but I look very forward to that time." - Denys Lemire

On a final note, the single existing song from The Antique Carnival is due to be released as a bonus track on an album from another project of Denys' called "An Army Of Marmots". The music from An Army Of Marmots could be best described as Experimental/Avant-garde music. It is not a metal album but similarities between An Army Of Marmots & The Antique Carnival allow this song to be a most welcome bonus track. Release date is TBA, all details about this can be found on the An Army Of Marmots myspace page.

Until then & again, thanks for attending the carnival...
« Last Edit: January 16, 2011, 10:07:20 PM by Potato » Logged

Saskatchewan Beard & Moustache Club

https://www.facebook.com/saskbeardclub
G-off
Revenge is a Vulture deceivers flesh ripped off his wretched bones
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2011, 12:29:32 PM »

you spawn solo projects faster than TLO goes through hookers.

this is not a complaint, at all... these projects are win!

GnomeBeard
You can find work and sort your life out anytime. The pub closes in five hours.
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2011, 12:37:39 PM »

Well this is certainly not a new spawn, more of a re-birth.  I decided to create the new thread as about 95% of the old thread did not really apply.

Saskatchewan Beard & Moustache Club

https://www.facebook.com/saskbeardclub
G-off
Revenge is a Vulture deceivers flesh ripped off his wretched bones
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2011, 12:40:24 PM »

well still... you have 4 or so? or are there more hidden melodies i don't know about?

Pages: [1]      Go Up
Print
Saskmetal.com  |  Music  |  Saskatchewan Metal Bands (Moderators: Mr. Metalguy, saskmetalmod, swamples)  |  Topic: The Antique Carnival - "Avant-garde Metal"
Jump to: