SiteMap What the bleep do we know?
  User
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 21, 2017, 04:19:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
  Search
  Stats
292543 Posts in 5678 Topics by 2173 Members
Latest Member: dpressure
  Upcoming Shows
 photo d942789e-e877-4fa5-868d-15048ef6f06d_zps16c3f71d.jpg
  News
If you're having trouble logging in, clear any cookies related to saskmetal and try again!
Pages: [1]      Go Down
Print
Author Topic: What the bleep do we know?  (Read 6522 times)
Revrend Whitetrash
Fuckin whackjob.
Saskmetal Member

« on: September 14, 2005, 10:29:19 PM »

It was a pretty damn cool movie......you have to see it to make anything of it.....it's hard to explain other than it is about time someone made a movie on quantum physics and reality......

I'm a radical, I'm a wild man. I got a gun under every arm.....and if you say anything I'll shoot you.
Chester
Former Addict
Saskmetal Member

Decapitation-The #1 cure for acne....

« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2005, 10:34:51 PM »

that sounds interesting ..is it a documentary?

"If you think you're too small to have an impact,
try going to bed with a mosquito in the room."
~ Annita Koddick ~
Revrend Whitetrash
Fuckin whackjob.
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2005, 06:58:07 PM »

A documentary that follows a script to draw examples and shit.....if you see it, rent it......

I'm a radical, I'm a wild man. I got a gun under every arm.....and if you say anything I'll shoot you.
ლ(ಠ_ಠ ლ)
Master Of The Universe
Saskmetal Member

Landry, The Shwag Daggler

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2007, 07:34:22 PM »

great movie!!! have you guys seen "The Secret" i think its called it has some pople from that movie

­­Berner
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2007, 11:24:17 AM »

Ugh. Look up the cult of Ramtha which the producers of this movie are a part of. Also this show has been shown by physicists to be absolutely and utterly ridiculous.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ramtha
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/JZ_Knight

Read those and tell me this whole thing isn't a scam. Also the only scientist to appear on the movie had his interviews edited in such a way as to make it look like he agreed with what was being said. In fact, he to this day doesn't agree with any of the pseudoscientific drivel being preached in this movie.
http://dir.salon.com/story/ent/feature/2004/09/16/bleep/index_np.html

YOU CANNOT USE THE OBSERVER PRINCIPLE TO ALTER REALITY. The observer principle doesn't say that everything actually exists at once, but that all possible outcomes have the same probability of occuring until they are observed. Also, this only works for quantum models, not the macro reality we live in.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2007, 11:25:59 AM by Berner » Logged
angrydan
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2007, 01:02:07 PM »

the ramthra story is equaly as rediculous as christianity and believing that we live in middle earth.

i did find a list of the doctors who appear in the movie however.

Dr. Amit Goswami "One of the rare scientists that do not leave out consciousness in explaining quantum physics."[4] He appears in What is Enlightenment magazine, authored the book The Self-Aware Universe: How Consciousness Creates the Material World (ISBN 0-87477-798-4), and has worked with Deepak Chopra and is employed by the Institute of Noetic Sciences[5].

Dr. John Hagelin is the Director of the Institute of Science, Technology and Public Policy at Maharishi University of Management,[6] where he has been a professor of physics since 1984.[7] He is also the Minister of Science and Technology of the Global Country of World Peace.[6]

Dr. Stuart Hameroff, an anesthesiologist, author, and associate director of the Center for Consciousness Studies at the University of Arizona. He has worked with Oxford mathematician Roger Penrose, on a speculative quantum theory of consciousness.

JZ Knight, scientist and spiritual teacher; also identified as the spirit "Ramtha" whom Knight is channelling.

Dr. Andrew Newberg, assistant professor of radiology at the University of Pennsylvania Hospital, and physician in nuclear medicine. He is coauthor of the book, Why God Won't Go Away: Brain Science & the Biology of Belief (ISBN 0-345-44034-X).

Dr. Candice Pert, a neuroscientist who discovered the opiate receptor, the cellular bonding site for endorphins in the brain, and wrote the book Molecules of Emotion in 1997.

Dr. Fred Alan Wolf, a doctor of philosophy in theoretical physics, who recently wrote The Yoga of Time Travel: How the Mind Can Defeat Time. (He is also known by the name "Captain Quantum" — an animated character that was created for the movie but not used in the released version.) He is also author of The Eagle's Quest, The Dreaming Universe and The Spiritual Universe.[8]

Dr. David Albert, a philosopher of physics and professor at Columbia University, speaks frequently throughout the movie. While it may appear as though he supports the ideas that are presented in the movie, according to a Popular Science article, he is "outraged at the final product," because the filmmakers interviewed him about quantum mechanics unrelated to consciousness or spirituality, which was then edited in a way that he feels misrepresented his views.[9]

this list is taken from the movie's wikipedia article.

thecoach
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2007, 02:30:22 PM »

I've seen this show and The Secret as well.  Did anyone that's seen The Secret think it seemed like an hour long infomercial that wasn't actually selling anything?

This stuff definately does work though.  I'm sure it's not quite as easy or successful (curing serious diseases) as The Secret would lead you to beleive, but the whole laws of attraction/mind over matter thing definately works.  I've used it for years with athletes and only recently started using it in my day to day life.  Money has come from unexpected sources, business ventures popping up, problems seem to solve themselves, the negative influences in my life have seemingly disappeared, etc.  I never get sick...ever, but everyone else in my family is always plagued with illness, injury and or disease, etc.  Also, take a look at my grandmother...she's one of the most positive people I know, she never says anything negative.  She's 84, she's survived breast cancer, by-pass surgery, she was blind for about a year and a half, was walking with a walker for a long time, but she's still going strong, builds a bit of a case that it really works.

Shit, look at the Little Engine That Could that you heard when you were a kid!  You think that shit was just made up!  This is real life yo!
« Last Edit: July 30, 2007, 02:33:32 PM by thecoach » Logged
grim and nordic
Saskmetal Member

the afterlife means we reign as ghosts

« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2007, 01:25:36 PM »

the ramthra story is equaly as rediculous as christianity and believing that we live in middle earth.

i did find a list of the doctors who appear in the movie however.

Dr. Amit Goswami "One of the rare scientists that do not leave out consciousness in explaining quantum physics."[4] He appears in What is Enlightenment magazine, authored the book The Self-Aware Universe: How Consciousness Creates the Material World (ISBN 0-87477-798-4), and has worked with Deepak Chopra and is employed by the Institute of Noetic Sciences[5].

Dr. John Hagelin is the Director of the Institute of Science, Technology and Public Policy at Maharishi University of Management,[6] where he has been a professor of physics since 1984.[7] He is also the Minister of Science and Technology of the Global Country of World Peace.[6]

Dr. Stuart Hameroff, an anesthesiologist, author, and associate director of the Center for Consciousness Studies at the University of Arizona. He has worked with Oxford mathematician Roger Penrose, on a speculative quantum theory of consciousness.

JZ Knight, scientist and spiritual teacher; also identified as the spirit "Ramtha" whom Knight is channelling.

Dr. Andrew Newberg, assistant professor of radiology at the University of Pennsylvania Hospital, and physician in nuclear medicine. He is coauthor of the book, Why God Won't Go Away: Brain Science & the Biology of Belief (ISBN 0-345-44034-X).

Dr. Candice Pert, a neuroscientist who discovered the opiate receptor, the cellular bonding site for endorphins in the brain, and wrote the book Molecules of Emotion in 1997.

Dr. Fred Alan Wolf, a doctor of philosophy in theoretical physics, who recently wrote The Yoga of Time Travel: How the Mind Can Defeat Time. (He is also known by the name "Captain Quantum" — an animated character that was created for the movie but not used in the released version.) He is also author of The Eagle's Quest, The Dreaming Universe and The Spiritual Universe.[8]

Dr. David Albert, a philosopher of physics and professor at Columbia University, speaks frequently throughout the movie. While it may appear as though he supports the ideas that are presented in the movie, according to a Popular Science article, he is "outraged at the final product," because the filmmakers interviewed him about quantum mechanics unrelated to consciousness or spirituality, which was then edited in a way that he feels misrepresented his views.[9]

this list is taken from the movie's wikipedia article.

Being a Doctor in Philosophy still doesn't give much credit though. JZ Knight ESPECIALLY has no credit.
Eric M
Don't Be A Cunt
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2007, 10:44:11 PM »

what the bleep owns!  i have had an insane craving to see it again.

Smile now, Tomorrow will be worse.<br /><br />15000 atheists in London rioted after a blank sheet of paper was found on a cartoonist\'s desk<br /><br />
Doom
Saskmetal Member

Bring on the clowns as we all go down

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2009, 02:24:43 PM »

I thought it was sort of trippy when it was new and I saw it, but I've been heavily picking up and studying a lot more history since then, specfically Blavatsky, Crowley, the entire New Age movement, etc., my opinion now is that this is just a standard New Age propoganda film. It's cringeworthy.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2009, 02:27:12 PM by Doom » Logged

Eric M
Don't Be A Cunt
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2009, 10:06:19 PM »

of course it is, but that doesn't change the fact it gets your mind churning.   Very entertaining.

Smile now, Tomorrow will be worse.<br /><br />15000 atheists in London rioted after a blank sheet of paper was found on a cartoonist\'s desk<br /><br />
Pages: [1]      Go Up
Print
Saskmetal.com  |  Music  |  Reviews (Moderators: IAmGray, Mr. Metalguy, saskmetalmod, swamples)  |  Topic: What the bleep do we know?
Jump to: