SiteMap DDRUM Vinnie Paul signature drum kit
  User
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 18, 2017, 01:38:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
  Search
  Stats
292543 Posts in 5678 Topics by 2173 Members
Latest Member: dpressure
  Upcoming Shows
 photo d942789e-e877-4fa5-868d-15048ef6f06d_zps16c3f71d.jpg
  News
If you're having trouble logging in, clear any cookies related to saskmetal and try again!
Pages: [1]      Go Down
Print
Author Topic: DDRUM Vinnie Paul signature drum kit  (Read 7301 times)
Chad
Saskmetal Member

« on: April 14, 2010, 11:00:58 AM »

So...Vinnie paul was a Pearl Endorser for most of his careeer until he moved over to DDRUM 2 years ago as they offered him more opportunities to create his own line of custom drums.  Behold, the DDRUM Vinnie Paul signature drum kit.  It features massive 6-ply North American maple shells, satin chrome hardware, die-cast hoops, and is finished in Vinnie's Skull Flame design.  It includes 2 - 24" x 24" bass drums, 14" x 14" and 15" x 15" rack toms, 16" x 16" floor tom, and an 8" x 14" snare.

The MSRP on this kit is $12,498.00 and it retails on MusiciansFriend.com for $7,999.00.  Now, read the reviews.  I did not alter them in any way:

"When I first saw this set was becoming available I knew I just had to have it. Not even debatable. I immediatley opted to sell my house, then my youngest kid into the slave trade. I was a little leary that I might have made a poor decision until the set showed up at the front door of the mission. After fighting off my homeless bretheren I was able to safely unbox and behold the beauty of the beast. This kit may sound like other drums 1/10 the price, but it isn't Vinnie's kit, understand?. Being the owner of this kit is the culmination of my existence. Everything else is irrelavant. Thank's DDrum!!"

"Because this set is so new and different, I sold my old Ludwig Octa-Plus to get it. The Ludwig sounded so '80s with its toms the same depth as their diameters. This Vinnie Paul set has the new happening sound, on account of its square tom sizes. Much better. Worth every penny."

"I bought the drums because I love Vinnie, and I needed a place to house the illegals who are working on my house. The two 24x24 bass drums are perfect ... just enough space for the crew and their equipment. Did I mention the drums sound great? Thanks ddrum!"

"I ordered one from a different retailer as soon as Ddrum released it. When it arrived, it took two UPS drivers to deliver. When I took all the drums out of the box I realized that Vinnie Paul himself was inside one of the 24x24 Bass drums, and his ego was in the other! Now the square sized drums make so much sense!  We hung out all day, and he showed me how he's so awesome, both as a drummer and as a person. Then he told me how to make hardware out of PVC and cymbals out of trash can lids in order to afford his drum set. He also explained that the crappy heads that came on his drum set were okay because "..most of us metal guys use triggers anyway..". Now I'm going to buy some DDrum triggers! Thanks Ddrum! and Thanx to my new bff Vinnie Paul!"

"The bass drum was so big I couldn't get it in the house. Sounds nice though, I had to make cymbals out of aluminum foil because I was broke after buying this kit. Which reminds me, I think the next house payment is due soon... Oh and I had to use my gutters to make hardware. Worst decision I ever made."

"I got a couple of these, one for my practice studio, and one for my bathroom. I couldn't afford any hardware with them, so I got all the hangers from my closets and twisted them up in a custom tom mount--one of my t-shirts is stuck in it. I took out all the pipes in my house to make a rack. I use CB cymbals with them. Neal Peart is the best drummer and this kit is almost just like his."

­­Berner
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2010, 11:24:53 AM »

lol man you drummers are really fickle about custom gear.
The Prairie Prophet
I'm not a fan of all of it, but a lot of it
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2010, 11:29:58 AM »

one for my practice studio, one for my bathroom

rofl

When god gives you lemons you FIND A NEW GOD!!!
Brent
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2010, 12:22:42 PM »

haha those reviews are gold.

who in their right mind would buy this pos

PearlDrummer
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2010, 11:23:48 PM »

Holy fuck, 24X24?

I'm so metal I piss mercury.
TLO
Creepin it real since 1984
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2010, 12:14:04 AM »

What was the last thing the drummer said before he was kicked out of the band?   

Hey guys I wrote a song.   

and here I thought it was a Lord of the Rings quote.
derp
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2010, 12:17:01 AM »

Jesus! I don't know shit about drums, or any musical instrument, rather. But holy hell! The MSRP on that kit is MORE than my CAR when I bought it brand new in 2003! WTF
Jötunn
Declairing eternal lust and dedication to those enthroned in hell!
Saskmetal Member

!nataS evA

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2010, 01:26:19 PM »

Yeah, fucking waste.

The blood which taint my face - is the evidence of our inhumanity! Ligaments of guts around the canon,the proof of our dedication, our father purification process!!!!!

DOOM TILL DOOMZDAY!

Does your metal know what metal really means?
Jim
Got nuggs?
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2010, 08:06:03 AM »

lol man you drummers are really fickle about custom gear.

Absolutely not.  If you saw either of my kits you'd ask 'Dude - why don't you buy decent stands n shit for your kit - this thing is kinda trashy.'

Answer being cause it all works.  Are all the drums on my Peavy kit actual Peavy drums?  No.  Did I buy a sparkle blue shit tom off Ebay and spray bomb it black to kinda match?  Yes.  Is the spray bomb wearing off and sparkle blue starting to show?  Yes - but I <3 the kit and it works well for me so why waste moola to be flashy.

I intermix everything too.  If I need something for either kit it's all about the Sir Wilfred Lauriers. 

What was the last thing the drummer said before he was kicked out of the band?   

Hey guys I wrote a song.   

Haha that's EXACTLY how Plagued Inferno started - without the kicking out part.  Old joke is old - but served it's place in this thread.
Jim
Got nuggs?
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2010, 08:09:33 AM »

Also lol @ MSRP on drums that look equivalent to me peavys.

However I use the same foot pedals he does.  Good ol Pearl 101 series.  I've tried numerous 'better' (aka more expensive - dual chain, axis, iron cobras, eliminators, whatever) and these are still my fav.
Chad
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2010, 01:03:19 PM »

These are Vinnie's "signature" pedals from ddrum.  His signature is etched in the footboard up where the chain attaches.  Who knows if he actually uses them live...though he says he does. 

Brent
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2010, 04:03:28 PM »

haha those just look like any other cheap dp from any no-name company expect with an awful looking footboard.

and Jim although I played Elim's for years I feel ya for sure. The price tag and adjustments of a pedal mean shit all, it's all about how it feels under your foot

Jim
Got nuggs?
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2010, 12:59:35 PM »

These are Vinnie's "signature" pedals from ddrum.  His signature is etched in the footboard up where the chain attaches.  Who knows if he actually uses them live...though he says he does. 

He's changed er up then - I probably would too if someone endorsed me.  He was rockin the Pearl 101 series about 5 years ago when I bought my last set of cheater pedals (pic on website with him n the pedals).
PearlDrummer
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2010, 11:46:33 PM »

He recently changed his endorsement from Pearl to Ddrum.  They even discontinued his signature snare.  Which is ghey cause I'm a whore for Pearl.

I'm so metal I piss mercury.
necrolobes
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2010, 02:58:44 AM »

So...Vinnie paul was a Pearl Endorser for most of his careeer until he moved over to DDRUM 2 years ago

read the fuckin first line if the first post fuck .
Jim
Got nuggs?
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2010, 11:14:00 AM »

Didn't have to - you did all my dirty work for me.  

Also just shipped you my laundry - while your at it make me a bacon sammich.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2010, 11:23:52 AM by Jim » Logged
TLO
Creepin it real since 1984
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2010, 11:16:25 AM »

plenty of strips to choose from I'm sure

and here I thought it was a Lord of the Rings quote.
Pages: [1]      Go Up
Print
Saskmetal.com  |  Music  |  Musicians Corner (Moderators: Mr. Metalguy, saskmetalmod)  |  Topic: DDRUM Vinnie Paul signature drum kit
Jump to: