SiteMap Not everyone wants to be a Pepper
  User
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 21, 2017, 03:04:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length
  Search
  Stats
292543 Posts in 5678 Topics by 2173 Members
Latest Member: dpressure
  Upcoming Shows
 photo d942789e-e877-4fa5-868d-15048ef6f06d_zps16c3f71d.jpg
  News
If you're having trouble logging in, clear any cookies related to saskmetal and try again!
Pages: [1]      Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Not everyone wants to be a Pepper  (Read 2649 times)
G-off
Revenge is a Vulture deceivers flesh ripped off his wretched bones
Saskmetal Member

« on: February 18, 2010, 08:28:08 AM »

dunno if anyone cares, but there was a snippit on the front page of guitar world today that reminded me of this hapeening...

Not everyone wants to be a Pepper.

Guitarist John Frusciante has confirmed he has left Red Hot Chili Peppers. In fact, according to a post on his MySpace blog, he left more than a year ago when the band went on hiatus.

“There was no drama or anger involved, and the other guys were very understanding,” Frusciante writes. “They are supportive of my doing whatever makes me happy and that goes both ways.

“To put it simply, my musical interests have led me in a different direction ... For me, art has never been something done out of a sense of duty. It is something I do because it is really fun, exciting, and interesting. Over the last 12 years, I have changed, as a person and artist, to such a degree that to do further work along the lines I did with the band would be to go against my own nature.”

It’s actually the second time the 39-year-old guitarist has left the band. After joining the Los Angeles funk-rock outfit in 1989 at the age of 18, but quit in the middle of a 1992 Japanese tour because he couldn’t cope with fame. After losing several years to a heroin addiction, he rejoined the band in 1998, playing a major role in albums such as Californication and 2006’s Stadium Arcadium. During the hiatus following that tour, Frusciante has released his 10th solo album The Empyrean, and formed the experimental outfit Speed Dealer Moms with Winnipeg electronica artist Venetian Snares.

The Peppers have reportedly replaced Frusciante with their touring guitarist Josh Klinghoffer, whose resumé also includes work with Gnarls Barkley, PJ Harvey and many others.

Gorax
Tithead
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2010, 11:07:01 AM »

I heard about this a while ago. Really shitty news. I didn't think they'd be able to replace him, but we'll see how this Klinghoffer guy is. Maybe now they'll play something older than Blood Sugar live, cuz John refused to play any older stuff.

G-off
Revenge is a Vulture deceivers flesh ripped off his wretched bones
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2010, 11:08:05 AM »

Yeah i remember coming across it on ultimate guitar a while ago. He is a great guitarist.

TLO
Creepin it real since 1984
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2010, 01:20:06 AM »

totally shitty

I wonder if they will find a full time replacement or just work with that studio guy...I'm not familiar with him

one of my favorite bands but at least John's healthy and not falling to pieces on drugs like the last time he left the group

hopefully he finds some solace in making solo stuff....he's real talented

and here I thought it was a Lord of the Rings quote.
Jordan
Shredder of Gnar.
Saskmetal Member

Katy Perry has awesome boobs.

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2010, 01:26:11 AM »

John has always been a influence of mine, whatever he does I will fully support.

In L.A., nobody touches you. We're always behind this metal and glass. I think we miss that touch so much, that we crash into each other, just so we can feel something.

that's like getting a hologram of hitler to host your bar mitzvah
TLO
Creepin it real since 1984
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2010, 01:30:38 AM »

He pumps out so much stuff its hard to get it all tracked down.  I do enjoy his solo stuff but I'd rather have him in the peppers.   But he's happy. Maybe they will reunite at some stage. 

and here I thought it was a Lord of the Rings quote.
Pages: [1]      Go Up
Print
Saskmetal.com  |  Music  |  UnMetal Chat (Moderators: Mr. Metalguy, saskmetalmod, swamples)  |  Topic: Not everyone wants to be a Pepper
Jump to: