SiteMap Lookin For A Good Studio To Record At In Saskatoon??
  User
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 22, 2017, 02:22:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length
  Search
  Stats
292543 Posts in 5678 Topics by 2173 Members
Latest Member: dpressure
  Upcoming Shows
 photo d942789e-e877-4fa5-868d-15048ef6f06d_zps16c3f71d.jpg
  News
If you're having trouble logging in, clear any cookies related to saskmetal and try again!
Pages: [1]      Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Lookin For A Good Studio To Record At In Saskatoon??  (Read 6100 times)
Ass Beard
XIII
Saskmetal Member

« on: October 14, 2009, 10:22:21 PM »

well if so don't go to kickstart recordings. the owner/operator is a complete fuck bag of a douche by the name of jesse weiman. i have witnessed and been involved with his bullshit and the end product really isn't worth it. my band has been working on a 6 song ep since the beginning of July and it has yet to be completed. this simple task was supposed to be finished and packaged by august. all in all id say don't even consider him as a candidate to work on any of your record's in the future because the simple task such as fixing some of his mistakes will take up to 3 months to do and cost you $1000. when u get it it turns out that its worse then before. and then he decides to stop working on your project and run off with you money..............

.....For Your Health............. ...

XIII
Brennsy
Saskmetal Member

Wrathed

« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2009, 10:30:51 PM »

The sound quality is good, but it's way over priced IMO. A guy I know (Andy Coulic) Has a studio, and it's pretty much the same quality. I think he told me it's $30 an hour.

Also, are you in Suffer?
Ass Beard
XIII
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2009, 10:36:22 PM »

yeah im in suffer. and yeah i know andy hes a good guy and gets some good stuff. that sound quality isnt impossible to find theres a buddy of mine that can get it and hes a super cool guy and killer engineer/producer and has a legit studio. check him out if u want some good shit his name is ballz(chris) from sparky

XIII
necrolobes
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2009, 12:07:14 AM »

yea ballz is the man is stoon . we recorded with him for our ep and now he has a full studio in his basement
Ambo
Don't worry, it's just stigmata...
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2009, 09:29:10 AM »

well if so don't go to kickstart recordings. the owner/operator is a complete fuck bag of a douche by the name of jesse weiman. i have witnessed and been involved with his bullshit and the end product really isn't worth it. my band has been working on a 6 song ep since the beginning of July and it has yet to be completed. this simple task was supposed to be finished and packaged by august. all in all id say don't even consider him as a candidate to work on any of your record's in the future because the simple task such as fixing some of his mistakes will take up to 3 months to do and cost you $1000. when u get it it turns out that its worse then before. and then he decides to stop working on your project and run off with you money..............

.....For Your Health............. ...
Plus his hair sucks.

Christians where crosses around their necks, you think when Jesus comes back he's ever gonna want to see another cross? - Bill Hicks
Ass Beard
XIII
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2009, 07:32:28 PM »

his hair was probably worse then the whole "recording process"

XIII
SPARKY
Saskmetal Member

my balls, your chin!

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2009, 11:34:02 AM »

just to let u know. Ballz did just recently get a haircut, and will battle.
Bender
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2009, 10:43:27 PM »

You starting recording and in July and wanted it packaged and released by august? Well besides the fact that duplication can take up to 3 weeks... you really aren't giving the guy much time. Although, I suppose, if you're only spending 1000 bucks on 6 songs, then you probably don't have very much time allotted.

Granted, I have no idea who this guy is nor have I listened to any sound clips... (which I'll do eventually)... just kinda... commenting. haha

necrolobes
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2009, 11:55:10 PM »

pfft . what do you know about the recording industry .

fucking bender thinks he knows shit
Whatever the fuck I call myself these days
\(_o)/
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2009, 02:04:13 AM »

You starting recording and in July and wanted it packaged and released by august? Well besides the fact that duplication can take up to 3 weeks... you really aren't giving the guy much time. Although, I suppose, if you're only spending 1000 bucks on 6 songs, then you probably don't have very much time allotted.

Granted, I have no idea who this guy is nor have I listened to any sound clips... (which I'll do eventually)... just kinda... commenting. haha

I'm pretty sure it was $1000 just to fix his mistakes (like the snare being too loud on one section of blast beats, then disappearing on the next, his sampled kicks being in a blatantly obviously wrong tempo in some parts, very muddy low end and rampant pumping to name a few things), not for the whole project. Also, in the "final version" of the ep that he gave them, track 6 was completely missing, and track 5 sounded like a basement demo compared to the first 4 (as if it was nothing but unmixed raw tracks). He is the type of guy who slaps a couple mics on a cab and hits record within about 2 minutes. Not exactly a quality over quantity kinda dude.
Ass Beard
XIII
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2009, 11:41:54 AM »

yeah we payed over $3000 for the project and to package it takes us about 2 days total we have a few places we go in saskatoon to get our booklets made,cd's printed, and buy the little staples cases, but we had drums and bass set up and recorded in 2 days, guitars in 2 and vocals in 3 and in the couple of months there's been 2 weeks max of "work" put into it total including time spent with us to records everything.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2009, 11:44:19 AM by fiercedeitysspartan » Logged

XIII
\(_o)/
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2009, 02:32:30 PM »

...including time spent with us to records everything.

Takesings too long to records is so dildos
Ass Beard
XIII
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2009, 05:02:38 PM »

haha fuck i didnt have time to spell check

XIII
MassMurder
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2009, 05:13:17 PM »

I am also in STC....He told us he would have it done by the end of August. That's another thing he is also horrible for always saying "yeah man, I'll for sure have it done by ____" I heard that about 15 times in 3 months.  Needless to say we still don't have it.  We finally got to the point where we said, okay we've had enough, we want to finish the rest with Jordan Smith (ex manager of the Bassment, incase you didn't know) so we can actually get a finished project.  After Jesse holding out for a while when even Jordan was saying "dude just give me the fucking tracks so I can finish this for him" he finally gave Jordan the tracks...Sure Jordan got the tracks, but EVERYTHING he did to them (mixing, triggering, patching stuff up, etc) he took off the tracks.  So yes he charged us 500 dollars a song, which was supposed to cover tracking, mixing, and mastering....and were are left with unmixed tracks, empty pockets, and a douche-bag with blonde highlights in his hair with a bunch of money.  All in all, total piece of shit...enough said.
\(_o)/
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2009, 08:18:07 AM »

Basically, if it looks like a duck, and talks like a duck...

You'll probably end up with a much clearer and more professional sounding product with ol' JS on the case anyway.
Bender
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2009, 01:06:48 PM »

Fair enough.

Sounds like a shithead.

Ass Beard
XIII
Saskmetal Member

« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2009, 11:17:51 PM »

And he literally smells like a shithead too.

XIII
Pages: [1]      Go Up
Print
Saskmetal.com  |  Music  |  Musicians Corner (Moderators: Mr. Metalguy, saskmetalmod)  |  Topic: Lookin For A Good Studio To Record At In Saskatoon??
Jump to: